Keeping a-breast of Okutama!

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kita-Ueno
That's right, more tasteless boob jokes to let everyone know that...
We're doing it again!
Here's the MAP - Remember, the official start/finish is at the 7-11 - 2.5km from the station.

This Saturday (Sept 15th), at 9:00am.
Musashi-Itsukaichi station.

Once again, we'll catch the 7:44 fast train out of Shinjuku station, that arrives at 8:48.
We'll fill up at the 7-11, and then start at around 9:20.
Given an average ride time of 3hr:30mins, we should be back at the station by 1pm.

Unlike last time, if I hear even the slightest whisper regarding the possibility of rain, I will cancel quicker than you can say "see that cloud..." :rain:

So far, there's me & Takaaki (Kawa).
Anyone else want to give it a go?

Yair

Maximum Pace
Nov 10, 2009
Hachioji
Travis,

If there are no last-minute surprises, I'll see you guys 09:00 at Musashi Itsukaichi station.
Hope I don't suffer any mechanicals this time...

See you tomorrow!

saibot

Maximum Pace
May 29, 2012
Taito
Hey,

If the weather's ok tomorrow morning I'll be rolling out from taito heading for that route.
Won't be joing your TT event though, just wanna get some km's under my wheels and try my luck at that climb for the first time.

Probably arrive there 11-12ish so might see you guys on return-leg. I'll give you a thumbs up if i see a white Giant :)
(I'll be the strange skinny guy in all celeste)

Good luck tomorrow and hope you all improve your times.

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kita-Ueno
My 15 minutes...

Literally! 15 minutes... After Takaaki (Kawa) gets home - about 15 minutes from now - he's going to upload his data, and I'll be relegated to 2nd place.
But for now, for the first time...

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Flh4.googleusercontent.com%2F-j8gXBaKzjRg%2FUFQsJQ7O0fI%2FAAAAAAAAHco%2FEL4UG_NAswk%2Fs1024%2FKOM.jpg&hash=9a02c3b6a320f7c42be9d9986158b9d2

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kita-Ueno
AND... I broke an hour on 都民の森

These, as far as I know, are the sub-one-hour TCC riders out there.
If your name is above mine, look out in the next few weeks - You've been targeted (in the nicest possible way, of course ;) ).
All in all, a pretty good day in the cleavage.
*Note: "yas 586" is not a TCC member, but he IS the leader, so I left him there out of respect.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-YxicDoeXHrk%2FUFQwiZDhGPI%2FAAAAAAAAHdA%2FeRjy0NZDTGw%2Fs800%2FTomin.jpg&hash=9a6e193135b662763d16d2eb91e72e5b

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
These, as far as I know, are the sub-one-hour TCC riders out there.
If your name is above mine, look out in the next few weeks - You've been targeted (in the nicest possible way, of course ;) ).
All in all, a pretty good day in the cleavage.
*Note: "yas 586" is not a TCC member, but he IS the leader, so I left him there out of respect.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2F-YxicDoeXHrk%2FUFQwiZDhGPI%2FAAAAAAAAHdA%2FeRjy0NZDTGw%2Fs800%2FTomin.jpg&hash=9a6e193135b662763d16d2eb91e72e5b

En-route to Enzan with the tcc crew I once did a 52 time feeling incredibly well on my old green bike. No Garmin then though. Since I also finally grasped the boob reference, I will have to try this soon...

jecjec81

Maximum Pace
Dec 12, 2008
Meguro-ku, Tokyo
En-route to Enzan with the tcc crew I once did a 52 time feeling incredibly well on my old green bike. No Garmin then though. Since I also finally grasped the boob reference, I will have to try this soon...
Unfortunately, Strava has stopped showing the leader lists on this segment because of the reason below.

"This segment has been marked as hazardous by someone who has ridden it on Strava. Leader lists are not shown. Report abuse."

I was 34th on the list Jessie Porras with 56:28.

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
Unfortunately, Strava has stopped showing the leader lists on this segment because of the reason below.

"This segment has been marked as hazardous by someone who has ridden it on Strava. Leader lists are not shown. Report abuse."

I was 34th on the list Jessie Porras with 56:28.
Both James (FarEast) and I have successfully had a "Hazardous Flag" removed by e-mailing Strava and explaining that it's not dangerous or hazardous. I'd suggest one or more of you give that a try if you want this segment to live on. You could also add it on RWGPS as a good alternative backup.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Both James (FarEast) and I have successfully had a "Hazardous Flag" removed by e-mailing Strava and explaining that it's not dangerous or hazardous. I'd suggest one or more of you give that a try if you want this segment to live on. You could also add it on RWGPS as a good alternative backup.
The thing is I can see why this has been marked hazardous - 2 significant down hill sections that are basically being raced.

I suggest making a new segment and marking it as private and opening it only to TCC club members rather than to the world.

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
The thing is I can see why this has been marked hazardous - 2 significant down hill sections that are basically being raced.

I suggest making a new segment and marking it as private and opening it only to TCC club members rather than to the world.
While not discounting your point there are multiple other downhill segments on both sides that are not marked hazardous.

Malte

Maximum Pace
Sep 26, 2011
Tokyo

You can not invite other members to private segments. Private segements seem to be ... private.

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
Segment 都民の森 is flagged as hazardous even though it has no significant downhill sections -- as opposed to the TCC Okutama BOOB segment, which is not flagged as hazardous but which includes all of the 都民の森 segment.

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
This whole marked as "Hazardous" thing is for the most part complete B.S. and is not an indication of anything actually hazardous. In most cases I would theorize that it's the act of the odd disgruntled user just pissing in the punch bowl to ruin segments and STRAVA in general for everyone else.