What's new

Kazahari Tear Down

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I'm looking at a heading up to Kazahari on this Sat or Sun for some basic suffering. Since I'm riding fixed and prepping for Azami, I will be taking train to Itsukaiichi then spin up from there. Depending weather a couple of repeats or so would be nice. Just an honest 'tear down' session and acclimatisation.

I'll join you if it's Sunday, Tim.
Need to switch my legs into 10% climbing mode, so I might also take train to MI, not sure yet.

I might be in the area - thinking of doing Nokogiriyama then Kazahari. Will keep my eye on this thread to see which day.

Sunday may be a good day - let's watch the weather. Haven't decided fully if I'll bring my alternate chainring or not - mainly I just want to 'climb to fail' and not spend alot of time at moderate HR or spinning or riding. Maybe 2-3hrs max is all I can take.

I might be in the area - thinking of doing Nokogiriyama then Kazahari. Will keep my eye on this thread to see which day.

Is Nokogiri passable this year (I have had to walk over landslides several times in the past)

I did it two weeks ago (before the typhoon). Was really beautiful conditions going up (from Okutama side). Even the descent was pretty nice - I was just taking it steady and taking photos on the way.

rimg5184.jpg

rimg5204.jpg

Recently it is one of my favourites.

Did the run today - probably boring and tedious to most people - but I had to get this done in order to kickstart my microcycle. Ran a fixed 39/23 and started from the Musashi Itsukaichi station. Kept cadence above 100 - 110 all the way to the Kazahari junction, went into 'climb mode' and ground out the ascent in just under an hour (@ 11km). Painful and gruelling. Re-ran the last km a couple times, then descended to the Tomin No Mori rest area and had some ice cream, washed up and headed back . Descended back down Kazahari very slowly to basically kill my quads and prevent from melting my rims. Then spun my way back to the station, gulped some milk and amino gel and trained home. Need massage badly. Pretty happy with the pace - I need just a tad more power and little less weight to teeter totter over to the 'functional' side for this gear and grade which is what I plan to use at Azami, then subsequently Mt. Iwaki.

Tim, I went to MI station by train and rode out from the station at ~9.00am after a bit of waiting.. It's a pity we could not meet for this short ride.

I did the Rindo only once and went straight back to the MI station afterwards. It felt quite good to do it with fresh legs once in a while, i tried to change the climbing rythm every couple of minutes and paid for that with greater-than-ever suffering on the steepest part.
Oh Fuji, here I crawl..

Back
Top Bottom