What's new

Race Kawasaki Marine Enduro - 25th October 2015

Thank you for straighten it out. I am signed up for the King Of Enduro Boredom race 2015.

Reactions: TCC
Well I signed up, ....not quite sure what for as I left it to a kind HFC friend who is Japanese to fill in the application for me. She may have me in the 3hr category I was aiming for....
Anyway I'll be there to make up numbers (this will be my first road race and I'll only be targetting around 220-230W to get round it all).

Popped down to Oi Futo on Sunday to practise with @Tuomas. I suggest everyone avoids us when it comes to corners....

Last edited:
The guy who won the 5 hr King of Enduro category in the spring version of this race done earlier this year was at the hill climb race I did yesterday, and after talking to him it looks like the 5 hour race does not actually involve 5 hours of continuous riding, but riders do 3 hours with the 3-hour category people, stop for a bit, then do the last 2 hours with the 2-hour category people. Seems a much less interesting format, so I'm thinking of trying to change my entry to the 3 hour one. What do you think, @TCC and @urt?

@GrantT yes that sounds good. The 5-hour not 5-hour race is not really my thing. If possible I would like to change as well, but that evolves getting money back? Dont think they do that.

@macrophotofly why would you guys enter a race if you feel like you are dangerous to your fellow riders? Then you should just stay away and practice some cornering and technical riding.

The guy who won the 5 hr King of Enduro category in the spring version of this race done earlier this year was at the hill climb race I did yesterday, and after talking to him it looks like the 5 hour race does not actually involve 5 hours of continuous riding, but riders do 3 hours with the 3-hour category people, stop for a bit, then do the last 2 hours with the 2-hour category people. Seems a much less interesting format, so I'm thinking of trying to change my entry to the 3 hour one. What do you think, @TCC and @urt?

King! :confused: King of suck! That sounds like a fucking retarded format. Whose brain fart was that ball of fail?

Do the three, win it. Then do the two, and win that as well! It's the only thing for it.

...but don't rest, just keep going at 55kph

@GrantT yes that sounds good. The 5-hour not 5-hour race is not really my thing. If possible I would like to change as well, but that evolves getting money back? Dont think they do that.

@macrophotofly why would you guys enter a race if you feel like you are dangerous to your fellow riders? Then you should just stay away and practice some cornering and technical riding.
Lighten up @urt . I'm sure @macrophotofly said it rather tongue in cheek. He won't be any more of a danger than half of the field at that event. Stay away from @TCC onthe other hand. He quite likes a good crash lately ;)

3 hours...5 hours, who gives a shit. Guaranteed they're all going straight to the pain box, win or lose.

I am all dressed up and now told that I cannot go to the dance as my youngest will have her graduation ceremony on race day! I don't want to waste the entrance fee so if anyone wants to ride in my place, please feel FREE to pm me.

Last edited:
I've just sent a message off to change my category from 5 to 3 hours. 3,000 yen down the drain, but the box of dried sardines everyone in the top five wins as a special local delicacy will make up for that.

Also, I've edited the first post to add a note on getting there if you are riding there. The main tunnels to the island are no-go for bicycles, so if you are riding you need to take the pedestrian underpass that starts here.

so if you are riding you need to take the pedestrian underpass that starts here.
Thanks for the info. Two of us were looking at how we get on the Island by bike yesterday. Google streetmap was a bit inconclusive when looking in the road tunnels and the race website only mentioned getting there by car or bus which was a bit odd. From your map location it looks like 50m south of the road tunnel is a blue-roofed building that is the entrance to the pedastrian underpass? Or do you keep going south on the path for another 10m and it goes undergound there?

The link should be to a Streetview view looking directly at the underpass entrance, at least that's what it shows on my desktop.

I've put more info in the first post in the thread.

Having procrastinated about this for some time, I have finally entered in the 3 hour solo category.

Just to confirm I've changed from the rum 5 hour category to the 3 hour. Let the games begin.

I used the inquiry form on sports entry to send this message:
BikeNavi GP 2015 秋の川崎マリンエンデューロの「キング・オブ・エンデューロ 1名(ソロ)」というカテゴリーに申し込みましたが、「3時間エンデューロ 1名(ソロ)」というカテゴリーに変更したいです。
よろしくお願いします。
They replied by email the same day to confirm the change.

Just curious... How does an enduro like this end? Is there a bell lap after 3hrs or do they just run out the clock and measure distance? I'm confused.

Just curious... How does an enduro like this end? Is there a bell lap after 3hrs or do they just run out the clock and measure distance? I'm confused.

When the 3 hours are up, there is an announcement and you see the clock has run down.

A 'final lap' type board type thing is shown then you finish your last lap.

If you get in ten seconds before 3 hours ends, you get to finish, effectively, an additional lap.

Reactions: Olo
Further to @Heath 's post elsewhere, I think I will now only be riding flats now until the race (and cutting out the hills).

Probably a boring-as-all-hell Oi Futo session will occur on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom