What's new

Help Karuizawa to Tokyo

Peter Grimley

Warming-Up
Aug 17, 2015
Hi
I am living in Germany but was planning a ride from Karuizawa to Mita in Tokyo and was looking for any advise, tips or Garmin ready route maps that anyone might have available.

Thanks in advance

I did the reverse of this as part of a coast to coast ride. My route was about 190 km and used a lot of cycling roads, so away from the worst of the traffic. I'll post up the GPX track when I get home today.

Sorry I believe I made a mistake in the spelling of the name I mean Karuizawa, Kitasaku District, Nagano Prefecture, Japan

I've done the flat and easy (boring?) half of that route twice just during the last week: it's a cyclists' trunk route in and out of Tokyo. When are you planning to ride, and have you ridden in Japan before?

Thanks this is a really interesting report, although now I started to think about Coast to coast as a challenge, but maybe that for next time !
I lived in Tokyo some years back and regularly travel to Japan but never rode seriously on the roads there, is there something special I should consider?
I will plan to ride in early October this year when hopefully the humidity is less but the weather still good

Karuizawa to Tokyo...

Pray for a tail wind on that route!

Is this going to be a multi-day ride?
If you like climbing and have the time, there are some great mountains in the west of Saitama and Tokyo.

Back
Top Bottom