What's new

Just registered. Hi to all

SetagayaBeerguy

Warming-Up
Oct 26, 2012
Hi to all,
I am 50+ Japanese "ojisan", and just registered today to share the information with you all.
I live in Setagaya (as name said) with two daughters and their mother. (in short, my wife. legally)
My bike is Cannondake R1000 Aero (kinda old school one) and used to enjoy riding at Tama-sai (Tamagawa cycling road) on weekend for fat-burn purpose. But, you know what? I always drink lots of beers to compensate the consumed energy.
Needless to say, it is alwasy over-compensated.
Whatever, I would be happy if I could contribute something to this website and you all.
Grab your glass, and cheers !

You are my kinda guy!!!

I would be tons faster if I would skip the liquid bread.

Welcome!

Hello and welcome! (And from Setagaya-ku, near Tamagawa cycling road.)

My bike is Cannondale R1000 Aero (kinda old school one)

What?!

If that's kinda old school, then what's this Miyata "Le Mans" (more photos here) -- Pre-Cambrian (先カンブリア時代) school, maybe? Anyway, it took me (or I took it) to Haneda and back three days ago.

Hope to see you on the cycling road in the future. (I'm more likely to be on a slightly younger grey bike, with mudguards.)

Hi to all,
I am 50+ Japanese "ojisan", and just registered today to share the information with you all.
I live in Setagaya (as name said) with two daughters and their mother. (in short, my wife. legally)
My bike is Cannondake R1000 Aero (kinda old school one) and used to enjoy riding at Tama-sai (Tamagawa cycling road) on weekend for fat-burn purpose. But, you know what? I always drink lots of beers to compensate the consumed energy.
Whatever, I would be happy if I could contribute something to this website and you all.

Welcome! Good to know there is another beer consumer in Setagaya, thought I was alone out here..... :eek:

If that's kinda old school, then what's this Miyata "Le Mans" (more photos here) -- Pre-Cambrian (先カンブリア時代) school, maybe? Anyway, it took me (or I took it) to Haneda and back three days ago.

Wow, having used Pre-Cambrian in a sentence before, I'm impressed to see it on the forum!!

:bike: :bike: :bike:

Hello SetagayaBeerguy! It is great to have another 50+ cyclist in the club. Like you, I am married with two children and I love drinking beer as well.

Overall, this is a great club with some very helpful and friendly people…with a few exceptions.:cool:

Hopefully, we can meet on a group ride someday.:bike:

Cheers,
Kevin

Hi to all,

Good man,

It is good to know that we are not all weight weenies on this site.

Sometimes the thought of a few beers at the end of a ride is the only thing that keeps me going.

Hope you enjoy TCC.

Wow, having used Pre-Cambrian in a sentence before, I'm impressed to see it on the forum!!

Oooh, thank you! I'm not sure I've used it before; hope I got it right.

More importantly, I omitted to point out that I too am fuelled by beer. In the fridge are bottles of Chimay white, and a try-for-the-first-time bottle of something called "International Arms Race" by the Scots company Brewdog, which goes in for silly names and labels but whose beers sometimes impress me.

This is beginning to feel a bit like AA, or at least how they portray it on TV!

I feel like we need to do an introduction night someday for interested folks at an appropriate venue.... hmmm....

:beer2:

Hi bloaker

I am more than happy to know I am not alone in this club.
My wife excuted inventory management of beers in kitchen frig,
so that I got my own small frig in my room. That's useful !
(needless to say, she stareted monitoring cans in the dust bin)

Hi Tigerkamen

Yeah, Why not. My motto is "run for beer"
But resolution of alcohol needs lots of water, and as you know
we will get dehydrated if we drink lots of beers right after cycling.
Park our ride, drink isotonic drink enough, and then open a bottle.

Hi Tigerkamen

Yeah, Why not. My motto is "run for beer"
But resolution of alcohol needs lots of water, and as you know
we will get dehydrated if we drink lots of beers right after cycling.
Park our ride, drink isotonic drink enough, and then open a bottle.

Hi microcord

Nice to see you!
Miyata Le Mans. I know it hahaha. But not that all.
My friends and my first spotrs bike (when we are junior high) came with
over-sized tail lamp and flasher (blinker). You remember that?

Hi theDude

Wow another "run for beer" guy in Setagaya.
It maybe nice to share beers at Komazawa koen after the ride.
Keep in touch, dude.

Hi TimeTraveler

Thank you for comments.
My commented original thread show up the top of forum again,
and I don't know how I can put my comment with maintaining the original thread position. Otherwise, many would say "that SetagataBeerguy again ?
Anyway, my daughters became 22 and 20 years old.
My wife got mad when I said "Honey, my scientific calculation leads to the results and if I add the ages of you and our daughter, and devided by three, my life will be much better"
Did I say something wrong? LOL

Hi ForsBrook

Thank you for encouraging message.
Let me know if you find water bottle which pretty looks like beer can.

Nice to see you!
Miyata Le Mans. I know it hahaha. But not that all.

Delighted to meet you too, Sir! Well, the bike is enormous fun. On the other hand, I have very limited experience with bikes in total, and didn't ride at all for ten or eleven years (ending just two months ago), so I can't compare it with much. (I love the ride on its Vittoria "Rally" tyres, but just a couple of days ago somebody in another thread here said that these tyres ride like mashed potatoes.)

My friends and my first spotrs bike (when we are junior high) came with over-sized tail lamp and flasher (blinker). You remember that?

Yes indeed, if you mean something like this.

For real bicycles, see this blog.

280k JPY?

Delighted to meet you too, Sir! Well, the bike is enormous fun. On the other hand, I have very limited experience with bikes in total, and didn't ride at all for ten or eleven years (ending just two months ago), so I can't compare it with much. (I love the ride on its Vittoria "Rally" tyres, but just a couple of days ago somebody in another thread here said that these tyres ride like mashed potatoes.)

Yes indeed, if you mean something like this.

For real bicycles, see this blog.

Darn! 280 kJPY? I should had keep it! Thank you for comments, pal.

Hello SetagayaBeerGuy,

another 50+ cyclist here, also in Setagaya. If you see somebody riding something bright orange with 20" wheels on the Tamagawa bike path, that's me and my Bike Friday :)

On the subject of beer, though I'm from Bavaria (home of lager beer and of the Octoberfest) I don't usually drink beer. This seems to confuse a lot of Japanese...

My commented original thread show up the top of forum again,
and I don't know how I can put my comment with maintaining the original thread position. Otherwise, many would say "that SetagataBeerguy again ?

You can reply to several messages in one post by using the multi-quote feature of the forum. Click on this icon >>
multiquote_off.gif
<< at each of the posts you would like to reply to and then once click on the "Reply" button. It will quote each of the posts and insert the quotes into one message under composition. You can then shorten the quotes and write your replies and post it as one message, if you like.

I'm from Bavaria (home of lager beer and of the Octoberfest) I don't usually drink beer.

If I came from Munich, I don't think I'd drink it either.

Hmm . . . Apfelschorle, Apfelsaft, Apfelschaumwein, Met, Kwas, Almdudler, Moxie, Inca Kola, OpenCola?

Back
Top Bottom