What's new

Help Just Moved for 2 Months in Roppongi and need to ride :)

rob.depinto

Warming-Up
Oct 29, 2011
hi All,

Work has just moved me here (literally flew in yesterday) for a 2 month project and i've brought my bike and want to ride as much as possible.

They have put me in a serviced apartment in Roppongi.

So if anyone has any tips / directions to meeting places near by where i can join a group for rides through the week or weekend? i'd very much appreciate it.

I've also heard the countryside here is great - so would been keen to get out of town for weekend rides if anyone knows about groups that do that?

thanks again for any suggestions and help.

Cheers
Rob

If the weather's nice there will be Half-Fast rides starting from Roppongi Hills, usually every Saturday and Sunday. Relaxed and friendly - definitely not hardcore.

Take a look at the web site and sign up if it looks like your sort of thing.

http://halffastcycling.com/

I will be going out for rides nearly every morning this week as part of some training for upcoming event. What is your skill level?

Very good point Tim, let us know your palmarés and we should be able to put you in the appropriate racing category, sorry I meant riding group.

hi All,

Thanks for the fast responses. Really appreciate it:

Half Fast Mike: would love to join that group on the weekend for some rides.

GSAstuto: i've been riding on and off for about 5 years. generally into IM distance triathlons, but not super fit now. Skill level is good, but fitness lacking a bit, Hence the need to ride. I'd love the chance to join you and hang off the back. If i get dropped, no probs, i'll find my way home.

Thanks and hope to see some of you on the road soon.

Cheers
Rob

Please place me in the 'Old Man Sunday Riders and Occasionally Heart Stressing Mid Week without proper Biscuits Run'.

With that being said -

Tues: a few pursuit laps around the Palace tomorrow AM (traffic signals abide) 0600 Yotsuya Junction or before - I might show up earlier just to warm up with Lyle and Krewe.

Wed: Arakawa 6x 1km TT intervals plus whatever jumps I can manage over 2.5hr and 60km there and back again. Usually roll by 0700 from Sunkus on Okubo Dori.

Thurs: Pete's Ghost Greenline , Shiraishi, Soba Return and others ??? Ask Owen or Takaaki san. I take no responsibility for lost souls on this one!

Friday: Palace Probably Again - and Cyclemode Prep recovery ride.

Sat: Cyclemode - damnit! Will have to steal some rollers from the JKA booth.

Sun: Cyclemode again - arrghhh!

Very good point Tim, let us know your palmarés and we should be able to put you in the appropriate racing category, sorry I meant riding group.

Back
Top Bottom