What's new

Today June 2020

the above is from one of the guys' drone.
such a good day last Sunday. I had rugby but squeezed in a ride late afternoon. Would your crew be keen on a Pacific to Sea of Japan cross prefecture ride in September?
People carry a drone on a bike ride?
a drone is just a camera that flies and people have carried cameras for more than a century.
this makes me homesick and there is no way a bike based camera can capture QT in all it's splendour.

I am at the guilt crossroads - should I push through or rest...

I have decided to take a day off.
I am feeling worn down a bit and need some down time to recover - add the extra incentive of a saddle sore starting to rear its head.....
I will commute to work later, but it is a short ride and will most likely ride home in the rain - but it will be nice to pedal a little bit.
Hoping I won't regret it, but looking forward to slightly fresher legs tomorrow morning!

While I strongly recommend Shiko - the Surly wholesaler is Ride2Rock.
This link is a list of all "authorized" surly dealers.
This doesn't mean they stock them or regularly sell them - however they should be able to order them.

I met the folks from Motorcross International at Grinduro Japan last year. They sponsored the fine folk from Salsa cycles and seem to be the main go to for so many brands, including my Fairdale Weekender.

I really need to go for a bike ride.

Recently, only through an invitation of a friend, I got up at 5:00am tomeet at 6am for a brisk morning ride with a coffee at the end. Social distance, alcohol gel & masks off of the bike were tough, but I was surprised that I was home by 9:15am with 50km under my belt.

My recent trip out to Okutama was 122km and took the whole day As well as a day to recover from. I know there's elevation at play but was amazed how efficient in terms of ride distance for time and I got one heck of a workout according to burned calories.

Not sure when I'll be outside again, so might have to stick with the trainer. You see my father in law just passed away, funeral yesterday. Still kind of numb, especially at crematorium where I did not expect to see what we saw.

I know a bike ride will help clear my mind, but my wife waking up to find herself alone while I (selfishly) go for a spin doesn't seem right at the moment. Today my distance goals, power increases don't seem to matter too much.

Hoping for a near future when we can all go for a ride without worrying about catching covid-19, where a restaurant stop for lunch is a given again and a laugh over a coffee isn't a bad thing.

such a good day last Sunday. I had rugby but squeezed in a ride late afternoon. Would your crew be keen on a Pacific to Sea of Japan cross prefecture ride in September?

Assuming we can find a weekend that would work for everyone, I think most of them would be interested. If you wanted to make it a two day bike camping trip, I can guarantee it!
What was the route you were thinking about?

I really need to go for a bike ride.

Recently, only through an invitation of a friend, I got up at 5:00am tomeet at 6am for a brisk morning ride with a coffee at the end. Social distance, alcohol gel & masks off of the bike were tough, but I was surprised that I was home by 9:15am with 50km under my belt.

My recent trip out to Okutama was 122km and took the whole day As well as a day to recover from. I know there's elevation at play but was amazed how efficient in terms of ride distance for time and I got one heck of a workout according to burned calories.

Not sure when I'll be outside again, so might have to stick with the trainer. You see my father in law just passed away, funeral yesterday. Still kind of numb, especially at crematorium where I did not expect to see what we saw.

I know a bike ride will help clear my mind, but my wife waking up to find herself alone while I (selfishly) go for a spin doesn't seem right at the moment. Today my distance goals, power increases don't seem to matter too much.

Hoping for a near future when we can all go for a ride without worrying about catching covid-19, where a restaurant stop for lunch is a given again and a laugh over a coffee isn't a bad thing.
I am gutted for you.
Even when expected - you never feel prepared. Please pass my condolences to your wife and family.
If you want to chat - my phone number is in your PMs somewhere.

Heavy rains this morning. No biking for today.

Heavy rains this morning. No biking for today.
I am going into the office today vs working from home.
I am hoping to wait the rain out, however I did 30km on the trainer this morning, so I won't feel too bad when I get in the car.
Also - my "0 day" yesterday ended up being 20km with my little one on board.

I am gutted for you.
Even when expected - you never feel prepared. Please pass my condolences to your wife and family.
If you want to chat - my phone number is in your PMs somewhere.
Thank you very much.
I really appreciate it and will see how the days play out.
I need to go out, ride and clear my head, but the wife has said she'd prefer me to be nearby.

Quite a rattler of an earthquake this morning so kind of glad I didn't head out. I'm waking up stupidly early though, so I might use it to go out for a ride in fleecy few days. Rain or no rain.

So I got my ride in today taking the Emonda to the new Trek Aoyama for a tune up, safety check and new bar tape.

It'd been a while since I'd ridden it outside, had been prepared for sale then indoor for a while. Amazed at how fast it was compared to how I remembered and took 3 PRs on some uphills to my surprise. The folks at Trek are taking COVID-19 precautions with masks, alcohol and reservations needed for maintenance. They had a limit of customers in the store as well I think for some time.

The new Aoyama store is so much more convenient for me, but also the store is much bigger than Roppongi, and can help more customers. They've seen a massive increase in bike riders and lots of new bikes heading out the door for commuting to avoid the trains. This time they replaced a cable that had stretched and on the way home the bike felt a dream and I took a further 4 PRs with a 50km/hr top speed coming down route 418 (Gaien-Nishi Dori) without really pushing myself to a max effort, probably 80%-90%.

The ride helped clear my head. The bicycle truly is a MacIntosh for the mind. #gobybike #Choosecycling

So I got my ride in today taking the Emonda to the new Trek Aoyama for a tune up, safety check and new bar tape...Amazed at how fast it was compared to how I remembered and took 3 PRs on some uphills to my surprise.

I got to go to an event last year where I could try out all sorts of "superbikes" along with other different types of rides. Of all the bikes I tried, the Emonda felt the fastest of the lot, and was the only one I could pass 60 kmh on while riding, so when I saw you say this, I wasn't surprised. I wish I was 10-15 cm taller....

I got to go to an event last year where I could try out all sorts of "superbikes" along with other different types of rides. Of all the bikes I tried, the Emonda felt the fastest of the lot, and was the only one I could pass 60 kmh on while riding, so when I saw you say this, I wasn't surprised. I wish I was 10-15 cm taller....
Being @ 191cm helps I guess, except with aero & uphill...
I've been able to lose about 12kg, lately my weight hasn't changed but body composition has and legs have toned up. Still need to drop at least 5kg, but ideally another 10kg. Wonder just how much faster I would be than my current 103kg..

Back
Top Bottom