What's new

Today June 2016

Like the shoes you're wearing in Zwift! ;)

Looking forward to having you out in the real world soon!

Win a Canyon? I could be up for a piece of that. It's pretty humid now but for me Zwift beats riding wet roads. 72km indoors is a feat I am yet to achieve but I've never had a reason to before so now could be the time to get it done.

However, I seem to have injured myself somehow. There is pain at the top of my right thigh when I pedal and bend my leg. I've been stretching it and it is subsiding but not gone yet.

Win a Canyon? I could be up for a piece of that. It's pretty humid now but for me Zwift beats riding wet roads. 72km indoors is a feat I am yet to achieve but I've never had a reason to before so now could be the time to get it done.

However, I seem to have injured myself somehow. There is pain at the top of my right thigh when I pedal and bend my leg. I've been stretching it and it is subsiding but not gone yet.

Shit mate, sorry to hear that.

Perhaps see a physio?

If we could find a mutually agreeable time, we should ride the route together. It'd be my first accompanied ride with a friend for a number of months haha.

13413043_10154380237237223_7320812015905391646_n.jpg

3 weeks ago today I rode up Sakurazaka Pass with my teammate Yamada san.

I held on as long as I could. But he put 27 seconds into me by the end.

Claiming the KOM title in the process.

Yesterday I rode the same climb as part of a longer ascent of Mt. Ogami Dake.

I equaled his time and now we share the KOM title.

https://www.strava.com/activities/603528868/segments/14710340055#_=_

3 weeks of intensive hill climb training looks to be paying off!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

13413043_10154380237237223_7320812015905391646_n.jpg

3 weeks ago today I rode up Sakurazaka Pass with my teammate Yamada san.

I held on as long as I could. But he put 27 seconds into me by the end.

Claiming the KOM title in the process.

Yesterday I rode the same climb as part of a longer ascent of Mt. Ogami Dake.

I equaled his time and now we share the KOM title.

https://www.strava.com/activities/603528868/segments/14710340055#_=_

3 weeks of intensive hill climb training looks to be paying off!

Andy

Have you lost any weight during the 3 weeks hill climbing training , Andy? I've been trying to get down to 70kg for the last month. Lost almost 2 and just over 1kg to go. I can certainly fee the difference. I just need to get up earlier now and get out on the bike to really benefit.

First morning for a cold shower after morning training! Summer must be here!

Have you lost any weight during the 3 weeks hill climbing training , Andy? I've been trying to get down to 70kg for the last month. Lost almost 2 and just over 1kg to go. I can certainly fee the difference. I just need to get up earlier now and get out on the bike to really benefit.

Yes, down to race weight. Longer rides of lower intensity before breakfast are probably to thank more than hill climbing.

I can maybe get lower but I don't starve myself or anything.

The wheels on that bike also make it lighter and faster. That's my rainy day commuter but I did some good times on it this week, despite the 38x25 top gear, while sorting out my race bike... mmmmm

Andy

8 km run this morning before work and a quick 30 km loop on the bike at lunch with a new PR on one stage that I didn't even know was on Strava. Feels good to be out there.

Climbed Shiraishi in 29:31 today. HR between 180-185 almost the whole way. Saw one guy on a mountain bike (spinning a tiny front chainring and going like 5 km/h) and also another one on a fixie grinding it out of the saddle (also doing under 10 km/h, poor bugger). Maybe I can go under 25 min in 2016...

Presenting @luka 's new ride.
TlstW65.jpg

bonked out today. pfft. cramped up halfway up shiraishi and had to get down and recover. but aside from that little hitch, had a really good time with the hfc group!

Last edited:
Climbed Shiraishi in 29:31 today. HR between 180-185 almost the whole way. Saw one guy on a mountain bike (spinning a tiny front chainring and going like 5 km/h) and also another one on a fixie grinding it out of the saddle (also doing under 10 km/h, poor bugger). Maybe I can go under 25 min in 2016...
I checked your Strava Flybys and you were flying up Shiraishi. Well done fam. (I'm sure it wasn't nothing to do with the others holding back because they had another climb to do while you were bailing at Chichichichibubu...)

Yeah, maybe I should learn to use flyby feature too, just never got round to it. As a matter of fact, I wanted to remain with the group all the way, but the overall pace up shiraishi and then again the wait at Hana meant I had to bail out as I've had another thing scheduled in the afternoon. And don't call sadamine another climb, not after shiraishi anyway :)

Last edited:
Had a moment on the way home along the river this morning. Was powering along at about 37-38 and there was a guy up ahead on the RHS of the path. So I thought nothing of him as I approached. At the last minute he decides to cross over right into my path. As I emergency brake and veer left on what little there is left of the river path. I notice he has a dog lead that is connected to some dog that is down the bank. So I am basically headed right for the dog lead. At the very last minute he yanks the dog lead up and I duck managing to get under it somehow, and also miss him and careening off the path.
So I kept my head and he kept his dog and we went our separate ways with only minimal abuse being exchanged as I sailed off down the path.

Another day on Arakawa I guess!

Back
Top Bottom