What's new

June 12: Sunday morning easy ride to a cafe in Omiya.

Not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Sorry guys. :cry:Knee's not quite healed from last week and have tons of revision to do for exams. If you do the ride again, I'll try and make it.

Have a good one!

Sorry to hear that Penny, do take care of that knee, they are not to be fooled with! I hope you heal fast!

Cheers!

OK, just to check the list, I have these various people coming, and the places they are meeting up.

Nuke Benten AM-PM Combini @8:00AM
Timdesuyo
Stu
Pete
Amanda (contacted me through Half-Fast)
Naoko
Salvatore
Terry

Kawaguchi AM-PM Combini @ 9:00AM
Owen

Nuku Nuku Cafe/Art Gallery @10:00AM

Tamagojo

Did I miss anyone??

Tomorrow looks like it will be good weather, cloudy in the mid 20's and the humidity should drop too.

Looking forward to this ride! :D

Edited to add more names to the list!

Hello Tim, I'm Naoko from HF, I'll try Nukebenten if not, maybe Kawakuchi.

Hi Naoko I'm Stu, not Tim, but you can find Tim's cell number in this thread, and I'll send you mine on a Private Message. Hope to see you at 8 AM

Stu!

yes will be there 8am should take me about 20 min from nishiogi, looking froward to meeting you all.

peter

Thank you!!

Thanks Tim, Stu and Owen for a fun ride and taking us to such a delightful place. Disappointing we got separated for the return journey but a good excuse for a re-ride :)

Nice to meet everyone else as well and hope to ride with you all soon - Isobel

Hi!

Nice meeting you today. Sorry I got sick, but I suppose these things can't be helped.

Will definitely have to have a rematch again some time very soon.

Where did you go after the cafe?

I cruised home through the rice fields; the cafe was actually really close to my place!

Edit; http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~nukunuku/f-top.html This is the cafe we went to (and I sat outside feeling sorry for myself!), if anyone is interested.

Thanks guys. Hey Penny! What happened? *EDIT: Doh! Probably should have checked the thread in the morning. Ah well. Next time, Penny. :)

Other than that, thanks to everyone for coming out, and sorry about the pacing differences between the groups. I'm glad we all got to sit down and have a good time at the cafe, and that we're all home safe. Pictures forthcoming~

Edit: Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timdesuyo/sets/72157626942835324/

Nice meeting everyone. Lunch was great. Suggestion for next time: ride the Arakawa out and back. Much more pleasant and no lights = more efficient ride.

Sorry about leaving the group early but I had to get home and to a dinner with a colleague at 5pm.

Take care everyone
Tristan

Good to meet you Tristan, as well as everyone else!

The route did suck, way too much traffic, I think I did tell you guys to just take off when we got to the Arakawa, so that was no big deal, I did phone Sal and Izo when we decided to bail off of route #16 as that was not fun, we went a bit further north and then cut over to the Arakawa. Then the hunting began, each time we seemed get on the Arakawa cycling road/path it seemed we would only go a few Kms and it would end, and we would have to go back and try to find it again. :eek:

I have to give props to Lucy, I think she thought the whole ride was 40Km not 40 out and 40 back, she was on an old heavy MTB with big fat knobbie tires. Still she did not give up, she did not complain. She went at her own pace and by the time we got her back to home in Honancho she had done over 120Km on that pig of a bike :eek: Certainly not at a high pace, but she did not give up. Way to go Lucy!

I had a great time on my new bike my Lrrb (Long Ride Road Bike) it preformed very well, just like I wanted it to.

I think the next ride I'm planning will involve my Rinko Bag and a train ride outside of Tokyo!! I ride in Tokyo Traffic almost everyday, on my Sundays I don't want to do that for hours and hours!

Still, it was great to meet you all, the cafe was wonderful!

Cheers!

I'm really sad I couldn't make it. I was invited to go picking sansai on Saturday and I woke up with an ache in my wrist. I wasn't sure it would be ok for riding on. Still a little sore today but much better.

Sounds like you all had a great time. Hopefully I can join next time.

Thanks guys. Hey Penny! What happened? *EDIT: Doh! Probably should have checked the thread in the morning. Ah well. Next time, Penny. :)

Yep definintely should have read the thread. But no worries. Glad you had a good ride and I'm sorry I missed it. Will do my utmost to make the next one.:)

I just wanted to add the two pics I took along the way......

View attachment 832
Our very own timdesuyou using his unique bicycle camera mount to take the group pic.

View attachment 833
The lunch I had at the Nuku-Nuku Cafe, they call this the "Bread Plate" it was all very tasty, at 1260 yen.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom