What's new

June 12: Sunday morning easy ride to a cafe in Omiya.

timdesuyo

Speeding Up
Mar 29, 2010
Hi everyone! Here's the official notice. We're going.

Here's the expected route: http://www.mapmyride.com/workout/49141646/#

The idea is to leave Nukebenten at 8am, and head out to Nuku Nuku, a cafe / art gallery in Higashi Omiya. Nuku Nuku is a great place owned by a friend of mine, but brunch will probably set you back 1,000 yenish. There are plenty of conbinis along the way if you need it.

This is Stu's inaugural Lrrb ride, so it's not that far, and it's pretty flat. The bridge over the river kinda sucks, but it shouldn't be too bad on a Sunday, I suspect.

Depending on how we feel, how fast we make it there, there's always the chance for tooling around the rice paddies for a while to stretch the ride out to a metric century.

We're gonna take this ride as it happens. If you're slow, or have never gone this far before, you're welcome to come along. Slow pretty well describes us, and If nothing else, bring a train bag, and you can get your lunch with a cork, and take the train home :)

If any of the TCC dai-sempai are interested in coming along, I'd gladly hand over the reigns of leadership. Mostly, I just want to go on a good bike ride and visit my friend's cafe.

We'll be out in front of the conbini on the corner across from Nukebenten Jinja. It's just on top of the hill heading down Shokuan-dori from Higashi-Shinjuku station.

If anyone wants to arrange a meeting place along the route, or just meet us at the cafe, feel free to do so. Just let us know where you want to meet, and we'll work out a guess as to when we'll be passing by there.

My keitai is o9o39691329.

I'm in!:D

Let me know what time you are going to get to kawaguchi, and i will come and pick you all up.

Let me know what time you are going tnm get to kawaguchi, and i will come and pick you all up.

If we do not get lost, I think we could be there before 9:00 AM.

Do you have a meeting point in mind?

A quick look at Google Maps and I see an AM-PM >> HERE << just past the Kawaguchi Post Office, would that work for you?

I would be up for this. Definitely not fast at the moment.

I'd be coming from Nerima so meeting at Kawaguchi would also work for me.

Penny

If we do not get lost, I think we could be there before 9:00 AM.

Do you have a meeting point in mind?

A quick look at Google Maps and I see an AM-PM >> HERE << just past the Kawaguchi Post Office, would that work for you?

Yeah, I can meet you there at 9.00am if you like. Quite a good spot, as it is just outside of the main chaotic shopping / taxi free-for-all at Kawaguchi station exit.

Shall we say 9.00am at that spot? It is a straight road, so we should be able ot find eachother very easily. I can lead out from there, if you like.

Mike, I'd be flattered if you invited the half-fast crew along. And Stu's suggestion for a 9am meeting place in Kawaguchi sounds great. Any other takers?

Can I meet you at the cafe for brunch? I will be riding down from Takasaki, but I can join in on scooting round the rice paddies afterwards...

Absolutely we can meet up at the cafe. Maybe we'll get there at... hrm... Stu? What do you think?

If we don't get lost, and keep our speed up, I'd say 10ish, which gives up time to tool around the paddies before the cafe opens. But I'm not sure what kind of pace we're going to have. Stu's good at predicting arrival times. I'll bug him, and get back to you.

Other important note: <b>rain</b>

Owen just pointed out that it looks like rain on Sunday. Hopefully it'll blow through on Saturday, and leave us some clear skies, but, if not, we may have to postpone for another Sunday.

I'd say we should be there by 10AM, especially with Owen guiding us from Kawaguchi on :cool:

I too hope the rain goes through or holds, off, I've got no fenders on the Lrrb, so it would be no fun to ride it all day in the rain :warau:

If the weather works lads, I will be your lead out man.

Not been to that Cafe in HigaOmi, so looking forward to it.

Looks like it is raining tomorrow, but according to the weather reports I have been looking at, we might be in luck for Sunday!

Really hope we can all go out on this. Very much looking forward to it!

Let's keep eachother posted about this, and take things as they come.

Cheers

Owen

Looks like it is raining tomorrow, but according to the weather reports I have been looking at, we might be in luck for Sunday!

Really hope we can all go out on this. Very much looking forward to it!

Let's keep eachother posted about this, and take things as they come.

Cheers

Owen

Yep, I agree Owen, I'd really like to make this ride, I've even thought of buying fenders for my Lrrb! :eek:

I'm also keeping my day wide open, if it is pissing out, then fine, I'll stay home, but if it looks doable, I'm for giving it a go, besides, I have good rain gear :D

I'd also suggest that we be flexible on the start time, if possible, maybe start a bit later to miss the rain if it looks like we can....?

Cheers!

It looks like the weather tomorrow will be cloudy, with little rain, unless this changes dramatically in the next 12 hours or so, I'd suggest it's "Game on" for the ride :D

halfaster to ride as fast as i can tomorrow

Hope to make the ride rain or shine just a short hop from nishiogi to meeting point!
looking forward to meeting some of the tcc crew

cheers

peter

Hope to make the ride rain or shine just a short hop from nishiogi to meeting point!
looking forward to meeting some of the tcc crew

cheers

peter

Great to have you along Peter!!

Will you meet us at the first 8:00 AM meeting point, in front of the AM PM combini?

Cheers!

Just a quick hey yo. It looks like weather will permit. I'll be in front of the conbini at 8am tomorrow. My numbers up there in the thread if you need to contact me.

Not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Sorry guys. :cry:Knee's not quite healed from last week and have tons of revision to do for exams. If you do the ride again, I'll try and make it.

Have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom