What's new

June 11, tour de westside/いってきまーす

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
Start at MusashiIstukaichi station 10am. Up over tomin-no-mori/kazahari. Down along Okutama to Ome area. And there's a brewery somewhere over there...

One big climb. One big descent.

This was my first TCC ride and first hillclimb (on the same steel bike:eek:). Join me one last time before I head back to the states for a new career and new adventures!!

Rules, bring a sense of humor for those of us that will be slow.
Don't call this a sayanora ride. It's an 行ってきまーーす ride. I fear that I'm too in love with these mountains to stay away very long. :angel:
Be on time. It's already a late start. ;)

Thomas, that's a super nice idea. Thank you.
However, it was Tour de Westside before and somehow I think I'd be a little sad if a route as simple as this got named after me. I mean, there is no riding through the night, (presumably) no snow storms or stupidly cold/hot conditions, no gravel...

I'm sure I'll be back, if only to vacation and ride, can I save the honor?

Im in!~

And I hope the ride is going to social/gentle one.

Hahahahhahaha ......that brings back memories!

"Its a SOCIAL ride".

Having come through my nearly two-year tunnel of sickness and injuries, I am back (sort of.)

Can't believe that in the meantime you have come back to Japan and are leaving already. Would love to do this last ride with you, although I might wander over Imagawa pass after Kazahari since I need to train for Utsukushigahara.

I can catch a train arriving at Itsukaichi at 9:54 and be ready to roll in abound 10 minutes. Is this OK?

Aaron

Aaron, please do come! I know... It's hard for me to stay in one spot, it seems.

James, fumiki, Pete glad you're coming!!

Hey guys,
I'm planning to join also.
Would anyone have a map of the ride? Or at least know distance from station and back?
Cheers!
:bike2:

Your map, sir!

Got a map for this one?

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/36346248/

Starts at Musashi-Itsukaichi station, and climbs up steadily to Kazahari-toge - Notably, "The highest road in Tokyo, at 1,146m". Then comes a beautiful 12km descent to Okutama-ko Lake, where there is a soba shop of some repute (both good & bad, depending on whom you speak to).
From there, the easiest way back to civilization is to follow Ome-Kaido back to Ome, and then to Haijima. *Note: The finishing point is the Ishikawa Brewery, where we'll all say goodbye to Kori with a choice of fine beverages.

Some people may also wish to choose a more mountainous route back to the brewery from Okutama-ko (lake) itself.

Once we have a proper idea of the number of riders involved, it might be a good idea for someone to actually make a booking at Ishikawa's.

Oh yeah, I'll be there too!:D

Thank you for the map Travis!
The weather looks sketchy at the moment so how about a fianl head count by thursday midday for the reservation?
I can make the reservation unless someone else doesn't mind.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Trav,

I need to be your friend on that site to see the map. I have added you.

Cheers.

>Thanks mate! Can see it fine now.

Ishigawa brewery - Is that Fusanoberugoya?

What are everyone's plans? Is anyone planning on riding to and from Tokyo on this ride, or is everyone taking the train? I ask because the mention of the brewery afterwards is very tempting, but I can't see myself working that in at the 75% point of what would be a 190-200km ride and still making it home safely and at a reasonable hour.

Pete.... I can meet you on the Tamagawa and ride up with you (I also intend to do the whole ride dorr to door.

Back
Top Bottom