June 11, tour de westside/いってきまーす

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
formerly Kichijoji, now Portland OR
Start at MusashiIstukaichi station 10am. Up over tomin-no-mori/kazahari. Down along Okutama to Ome area. And there's a brewery somewhere over there...

One big climb. One big descent.

This was my first TCC ride and first hillclimb (on the same steel bike:eek:). Join me one last time before I head back to the states for a new career and new adventures!!

Rules, bring a sense of humor for those of us that will be slow.
Don't call this a sayanora ride. It's an 行ってきまーーす ride. I fear that I'm too in love with these mountains to stay away very long. :angel:
Be on time. It's already a late start. ;)

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
Thomas, that's a super nice idea. Thank you.
However, it was Tour de Westside before and somehow I think I'd be a little sad if a route as simple as this got named after me. I mean, there is no riding through the night, (presumably) no snow storms or stupidly cold/hot conditions, no gravel...

I'm sure I'll be back, if only to vacation and ride, can I save the honor?

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Im in!~

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
And I hope the ride is going to social/gentle one.
Hahahahhahaha ......that brings back memories!

"Its a SOCIAL ride".

Pucci

Speeding Up
Jul 12, 2006
Yokohama
Having come through my nearly two-year tunnel of sickness and injuries, I am back (sort of.)

Can't believe that in the meantime you have come back to Japan and are leaving already. Would love to do this last ride with you, although I might wander over Imagawa pass after Kazahari since I need to train for Utsukushigahara.

I can catch a train arriving at Itsukaichi at 9:54 and be ready to roll in abound 10 minutes. Is this OK?

Aaron

simon

Speeding Up
Jul 19, 2006
Tokyo
Hey guys,
I'm planning to join also.
Would anyone have a map of the ride? Or at least know distance from station and back?
Cheers!
:bike2:

ikedawilliams

Speeding Up
Oct 15, 2010
I'd love to go Kori, but have family stuff to do that day. Post some pics though. I am sure it will be fun.

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Kawaguchi, Saitama
Your map, sir!

Got a map for this one?
http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/36346248/

Starts at Musashi-Itsukaichi station, and climbs up steadily to Kazahari-toge - Notably, "The highest road in Tokyo, at 1,146m". Then comes a beautiful 12km descent to Okutama-ko Lake, where there is a soba shop of some repute (both good & bad, depending on whom you speak to).
From there, the easiest way back to civilization is to follow Ome-Kaido back to Ome, and then to Haijima. *Note: The finishing point is the Ishikawa Brewery, where we'll all say goodbye to Kori with a choice of fine beverages.

Some people may also wish to choose a more mountainous route back to the brewery from Okutama-ko (lake) itself.

Once we have a proper idea of the number of riders involved, it might be a good idea for someone to actually make a booking at Ishikawa's.

Oh yeah, I'll be there too!:D

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
Thank you for the map Travis!
The weather looks sketchy at the moment so how about a fianl head count by thursday midday for the reservation?
I can make the reservation unless someone else doesn't mind.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Trav,

I need to be your friend on that site to see the map. I have added you.

Cheers.

>Thanks mate! Can see it fine now.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Ishigawa brewery - Is that Fusanoberugoya?

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
What are everyone's plans? Is anyone planning on riding to and from Tokyo on this ride, or is everyone taking the train? I ask because the mention of the brewery afterwards is very tempting, but I can't see myself working that in at the 75% point of what would be a 190-200km ride and still making it home safely and at a reasonable hour.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Pete.... I can meet you on the Tamagawa and ride up with you (I also intend to do the whole ride dorr to door.