What's new

July 2016

Does anyone remember what the sun looks like? I'm just about ready for some good weather.

Decent river training ride today;

-FTP is up. Banging.
-The long grass has stopped shedding the pollen or whatever it is that gives me a bleeding rash all over my legs and arms, and makes my lungs stop working and my tongue and eyes swell up like when they fall on to the surface of Mars in Total Recall. Also good.
-I stopped at the shrine I usually get a drink at (took @luka there so he will know which one it is). It was a full on Pokemon Go festival! Haha. Must have been about 10 people there playing it and talking to eachother about where the best Pokemon were located. I played it for a bit, and started talking to this old lady who was also playing it. According to her, it is really popular among old people living in the sticks. They are all at it, apparently, shuffling around catching Pokemon. She was saying that the care homes are happy about this, as loads of the old people living there now request to go out a lot more and the general vibe is a lot more positive. Technology is amazing, init. Me and this old dear hunted for Pokemon for a while, and had a laugh.

And finally...

jerrsey.png

I'm in England and have borrowed my friend's Orbea. It feel like riding through treacle compared to my own bike.

Just a couple of 50km rides so far but will get something more substantial done later. We have your sun, it would seem. It has been glorious here since we arrived, sunny and warm, not at all like the England I left 16 years ago.

It's an aluminium frame with some wheels carved out of stone a la Fred Flintstone with Shimano Claris hubs.

I stopped at the shrine I usually get a drink at (took @luka there so he will know which one it is).
Yeah, the one paved with large stones and holes between them that can swallow one's wheel in a second? ;) I would go Pokemon hunting too perhaps, if I didn't have a monster in (or near) my pocket already. :p

Turns out I don't have that wasting disease that Gary Cobain from Future Sound Of London got. I measured up my pink pro climbers jersey with the black one I have as well; both S size on the label. The pink one was slightly bigger all over - side panel width, bottom hem width, sleeve length, back panel length, etc. Sussed it out that it must have been labelled up wrong in the factory! Got this confirmed at the Rapha shop, and a replacement S size, that is actually an S, and not an M, handed over. Balance is restored. I would try to make the S size that baggy on me now, but I think I might have to just eat tissue to get that low. If anyone wants a month old M size pink Rapha Pro Climbers jersey which an S label in it, let me know.

Turns out I don't have that wasting disease that Gary Cobain from Future Sound Of London got. I measured up my pink pro climbers jersey with the black one I have as well; both S size on the label. The pink one was slightly bigger all over - side panel width, bottom hem width, sleeve length, back panel length, etc. Sussed it out that it must have been labelled up wrong in the factory! Got this confirmed at the Rapha shop, and a replacement S size, that is actually an S, and not an M, handed over. Balance is restored. I would try to make the S size that baggy on me now, but I think I might have to just eat tissue to get that low. If anyone wants a month old M size pink Rapha Pro Climbers jersey which an S label in it, let me know.
How is the pink? Not too see through? I tried the light green on but thought I might get arrested.

Or you could do what I did... Spend 3 weeks on a beer tour around Germany and Czech Republic. Instant size up!

The TCR starts in Europe this weekend and, ahead of it, they've released last year's video, in full (free).

Well worth a watch :
Just seen this, and I second it - definitely worth a watch. I actually grew up in Kotor, and it was nice to see it featured so prominently. I wanna hit those switchbacks sometime in 2017 for sure...

Back
Top Bottom