What's new

Today July 2015

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
I finished June with 1,446 km on the clock, and 15,283 m climbed, according to Stravr,

This puts me just shy of 9 Mm for the year so far, at the halfway point. Not bad, all things considered.

Most of my mountain madness in June was in the Yabitsu arena. Then there was the Oume Temple Loop last weekend. Still suffering from that.

July is for Norikura. That's coming up real soon. Bring it on!

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 12.19.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 12.20.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 12.25.51 AM.png

Another day of heavy rain and crazy winds. I tried some VO2 intervals.

I tried these for the first time two weeks ago but didn't give them the respect they deserve. This time I did two days of easy riding combined with two early nights beforehand.

Under the guidance of @Doug3 I aimed for 390 W for 3 minutes for the first interval (120% FTP).

Subsequent intervals should be within 5% of this target. So below 370 W is a fail and this is when you stop the intervals.

I did 8 sets today, which is about right. Each interval drops a few watts but the effort in terms of HR is roughly the same.

https://www.strava.com/activities/336776937

We are hoping that these workouts will be beneficial for a road race at Gunma CSC on the 26th.

I'll do more of these in the coming weeks and am looking forward to analysing the data to monitor progress.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Went for a short ride this morning, this was a pleasant little jaunt. A little over 40km all told with some long straights and gentle inclines. Not much traffic early in the morning, some traffic lights to contend with but wide verges and very few suicidal mamacharis or pedestrians.

I took advantage of the break in the weather to take the Mrs. out for her first ride on the new bike.
FullSizeRender.jpg

I took advantage of the break in the weather to take the Mrs. out for her first ride on the new bike.
View attachment 11569
really really really nice ride.

In other news. mildy crashed today while running along the arakawa. old man on a bike suddenly swerved to the right while i was passing had to pull the brakes suddenly.

shook up, a few scratches on the bartape, and no injuries. take the licks recover.

Last edited:
really really really nice ride.

Thanks!

In other news. mildy crashed today while running along the arakawa. old man on a bike suddenly swerved to the right while i was passing had to pull the brakes suddenly.

shook up, a few scratches on the bartape, and no injuries. take the licks recover.

Sorry to hear about the crash. The Mrs. and I were on the Arakawa as well. Nearly gotten taken out by a brain dead cyclist who suddenly wanted to U-turn. It was a good thing my wife had lead as she was cruising between 25 to 28km.

@TCC - I do not have the skills to do it myself so I had it built at Y's Akasaka.

So you bought the parts and they put it together? Thought so. Where did you get the frame from?

Got the frame and parts that could not be transferred from the old bike from Y's. So, the crank, BB, front derailleur, seat post and saddle, along with new cables and tape all from there.

Last edited:
Got the frame for a steal, 264,000! There is a 58cm SuperSix EVO Nano there for about the same price. I am sure it won't be there long.

Last years model init.

Your wife better be an absolute road warrior with a frame like that!

I have already put her on notice! She must climb Norikura in record time this year;)

Entered first crit.... Its in two weeks. Any ideas on effective training techniques for crits? I think the course is basically flat.

Back
Top Bottom