What's new

Today July 2015

2 weeks? LOL, you can't train for a race in 2 weeks.

Training though, for crits; sprinting intervals, and long heavy gear intervals on the flat. ie., exactly what you will be doing in the race.

Go out and do a load of intervals, 3 times a week, for 2 weeks. If you can find someone stronger than you to ride with a few times, and give you a good flogging that will get you in the mindset a bit.

Do nothing and enjoy the race. Start training afterwards for the next one when you realize where you are deficient.

Well, I would at least like to not come in last. Hehehe.

My racing experience is limited to two official and one unofficial hillclimb, and in the two official ones I pretty much blew past most of the people in my group during the initial flat sections, but as soon as we hit the slope....well, shit. There goes everyone. And then everyone from all the groups starting behind us...

Speaking of...
[1] - First world problems.
They said my faulty power meter would be back in a week. But it's been 11 days and still no word. What is the point of riding?

The shots turned out alright which is nice @GrantT - still trying to get the bigger versions from my mate whose camera I was shooting on.

A genius step would've been to stow some Haribo (or other sweets) in the mamachari guys basket and nab them on the way past every other lap...

Right, this rain has got to stop. Seriously doing my head in.

Sunny in Tohoku. I just ordered an umbrella but I think it might be used as a parasol.

Back
Top Bottom