What's new

Today July 2015

Today I will be mostly on a Boris Bike trying not to die on the streets of London. If I never post again you may assume my fate.

Try shoving it in sideways next time.

Haha but yeah, drinks machines are a god send in summer. One of the 'benefits' of it being so hot is that drinks never taste better.

Ever-tempted to smash through a half litre can of Mountain Dew but can only fear the inevitable tummy cramps and violent sugar rush.

Second ride this week. What a difference 4 days and a ride makes. I was 4kmph faster on average and I never felt any coughing spams. In fact I felt really good apart from a lack of power (likely from a bit of atrophy) and absolutely no cardio vascular stamina. Still things are looking up. Signed up to Strava and finally bought some road shoes to replace these.
1z23g20.jpg

I bought them about 25 years ago, they are still very wearable and the kangaroo leather is soft but I just can't source any plates to adapt the bottoms to fit a new pedal system. Have been riding my Time Atak pedals and MTB shoes, Can't decide between Shimano or Speedplay pedals. But definitely need some float and the new Time pedals have crap reviews even though I really like my 25 year old Equipe TBTs.

Avoid Time like the plague. Total and utter rubbish to the point of being lethal.

Shimano are excellent. Speedplay are excellent.

reviewed my garmin data after this morning at saiko. I was holding around 24-25 kph over 30-35 kms from 23-24 when I first went out on Lake Saiko. Slow and steady steps.

Did the loudest gear change ever this evening.

Sprinting uphill to some traffic lights, at about 50kpmh, decided to shift down one to give it even more welly.

CLACK!!!

All the birds flew off, and an old peasant fell in a ditch. Was mental.

Back
Top Bottom