Jul. 15th and 16th: " Easy run to World Heritage"

Sora

Basho's companion
Nov 2, 2005
Hi all,

genki?
Tomorrow(Jul. 7th), it will not rain!
I am looking forward to seeing you!

Btw, I and Thomas-san are planing a run to Nikko in the next weekends.
The details are:

Day 1(Jul 15th(Sun.)):
-First meeting point: Ueno Sta.
-Second meeting point: Kasukabe Sta.
-accomodation: onsen minshuku or ryokan in Kinugawa.
=> https://tokyocycle.com/sora/runtonikko/nikko_day1.htm

Distance:
from Ueno: 150km
from Kasukabe: 100km

Accommodation:
6,000 yen to 7,000 yen (minshuku)

Day 2(Jul 16th(Mon.)):
-Nikko: Toshogu Shurine, Iroha Slope, Lake Chuzenjiko, Senjogahara Moor
-Utunomiya: Gyoza break
-open end point: Utsunomiya Sta.
=> https://tokyocycle.com/sora/runtonikko/nikko_day2.htm

Distance:
to Utsunomiya: 100km
(Utsunomiya to Ueno: 110km)

This is just a plan, so the route might be changed. But roughly, it will
like this.

Who will join us?!:D
Please let me know your participant untill 8:00AM on Thursday.:)

明日は大丈夫そうですね。皆さんに会うのを楽しみにしています。

ところで、その次の三連休の二日間(7月15・16日の日・月)にトマスさんと日光ツアーを計画中です。参加者を募集しまーす。
概要は:

■第一日(15日(日))
・第一集合場所:上野駅
・第二集合場所:春日部駅
木枯らし紋次郎が常用した例幣使街道を通って鬼怒川温泉に行きます。
・宿泊:鬼怒川温泉の民宿か旅館

距離:
上野駅より:150km
春日部駅より:100km

宿泊:
民宿 6,000円~7,000円

■第二日(16日(月))
鬼怒川より日光を目指します。
・日光:東照宮、いろは坂、中禅寺湖、戦場ヶ原
ここから、日光街道の杉並木をひたすら宇都宮へ
・宇都宮:とーぜん餃子を食います。
・解散場所:宇都宮駅

距離:
宇都宮駅まで:100km
(参考)宇都宮から上野駅まで:110km

ルートは変わる可能性がありますが、大体こんな感じです。

宿は民宿を確保していますが、3連休につき、木曜の朝には人数を確定しないくてはなりません。
参加希望の方は木曜8:00amまでにお知らせください。

一緒に走るヒトはいませんか~!

I'm tempted.
Look at this route.

Start at Myouden station (Tozai line)
Up the Edo river to Sekiyado. (60km)
Up the Tone river to Koga? (10km)
Then it's about 55km to Utsunomiya (I think)
Lots less traffic this way.

That's cool. I was planning to go to Nikko by bicycle for a long time.

What about hills though? Does it get steep? I'm riding a track bicycle (48/18 gears). I have no problems going long distances on it, with some small uphills. Will I make it to Nikko on my bike? If it's not very steep, I'll gladly join the ride.

And how much is the accommodation?

I am very interested

I am very interested in this tour. Only my challenge is to beat the house hold choir since this week is "Obon" week when ancestors are supposed to come back to the family according to Japanese tradition or Buddism practice. I will try to rearrange the schedule in Saturday instead, so that my ancestors won't miss me when they come back.:)

Minoru Arai

This is the route map.

This is the route maps of tour(plan).
Day 1(Ueno-Kasukabe-Kinugawa):
Day 2(Kinugawa-Nikko-Utsunomiya):

Now I am checking the Pete-san's route to Oyama

What about hills though? Does it get steep? I'm riding a track bicycle (48/18 gears). I have no problems going long distances on it, with some small uphills. Will I make it to Nikko on my bike? If it's not very steep, I'll gladly join the ride.

And how much is the accommodation?
I have not decided the accommodation but I think the fee will be 7,000 yen to 11,000yen (I am thinking to choice not expensive one).

というわけで、ツアーの地図を作りましたごらんください。
宿泊はまだ決めていませんが、7000円から11000円ぐらいになると思います。 (できるだけ安い宿をと考えています。
Day 1(上野ー春日部ー鬼怒川):
Day 2(鬼怒川ー日光ー宇都宮):

Will this ride be lady-friendly? Sarah wants to know! She is unsure if she can do 100km comfortably.

I feel fine with it, personally. I ride all day on my day off each week! (however tomorrow I must go to Shinagawa for immigration!)

Alcyone said:
Will this ride be lady-friendly? Sarah wants to know! She is unsure if she can do 100km comfortably.

I feel fine with it, personally. I ride all day on my day off each week! (however tomorrow I must go to Shinagawa for immigration!)

hi,

to say about steepness for this tour(please check the profile map in the map pages: day1 day2), day 1 is gradually climbing up to Kinugawa and day 2 has a Iroha slope.

Iroha Slope:
distance 9.2km
difference of altitude: about 400m
steepness (average): 4.2%

It is not a easy slope for me, but not too much also.
It is 100km tour for each day(for the day 1, in the case from Kasukabe), so I think we will have enough time.

Check the profile map and judge please.:)

about accommodation

I reserved minshuku:
=> http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~kozanso/index.htm
the fee is 6,000 yen to 7,000 yen. (it depends on the number of people)

Because this weekend is 3days off, so we must fix the number of people untill Thursday's morning. (includeing canceling in the case of raining)

Please let me know your participant untill 8:00AM on Thursday.:)

OK, I'll probably join the ride then. I'll let you know for sure in a next few days.

Anyway, as it's my first ride with TCC I have some questions. What should I take with me (should I take some food for example or we will have stops at combinis)? Any other important things? Feel free to give any pieces of advice that you consider important.

Also, I'll be riding my track bicycle. Helmetless. Any probs with this? Don't worry, I can maintain 30 km/h for such distances, I have good stamina.

Cheers

hi

love to come on this, but my family are leaving Japan for 4 weeks the following weekend so that weekend I should be at home. (naturally after they leave i will be ON THE ROAD!)

Real shame, sounds like a great ride.

wish all who go a great time, i am sure it will be:D

Ash

Click the vid below.

[yt]KFPI8htS2sk[/yt]

Do you think you can ride that route UPHILL on your track bicycle?

Well, that's a steep one. But if it's 9.2 km, then I'll make it, no worries. It'll be a good work out with a bit of challenge for me. My gear isn't that crazy, it's 48/18, so hills are possible.

If there are no objections to my bike, then I'm joining the ride. Count me in. :)

Steep..?

Now this is steep

775967952_e33e672d79.jpg

Sorry I can't join you for this ride. Should be a nice one; enjoy.

AW.

Now this is steep
:warau:

Now,

Sora,
Thomas
Tadashi

Peter-san, Alcyone-san and Sarah-san how about you?

> to Tadashi-san and Thomas-san,
Are you ok in the case of typhoon 4 (named MAN-YI)?
from tomorrow afeternoon cancel fee is needed(maybe less than 50%= 3500 yen)

Case 1: Sat. and Sun. will be fine or cloudy or rainy a little(no problem):D
Case 2: Sat. is typhoon and Sun. will be fine.
- move to Kinugawa by rinko (train) on Sat. and run to Iroha slope on Sun.:)
Case 3: Sat. and Sun. all days are typhoon.
- this tour will be canceled and just cancel fee for minshuku is needed.:(

I have asked some other minshuku for later free cancelation, but they all were frim (because Kinugawa is one of the most famous onsen place around Tokyo and this weekend is three days off.....) and didn't give me good answer.

OK, I've just looked at the weather forecast. It's risky, so I'm afraid I won't go this time.

Anyway, this route seems to be a really great ride. Let's ride it when rainy season ends! It will be fun! :)

OK, I've just looked at the weather forecast. It's risky, so I'm afraid I won't go this time.

Anyway, this route seems to be a really great ride. Let's ride it when rainy season ends! It will be fun! :)

not going to be able to make it.

My friend has a sayonara party at Keirin. I must attend!

good luck with the typhoon. my student informed me today. Sounds scary! :eek:

We pick up a new dog on Sunday afternoon. A little puppy toy boy for our Airedale terrier. Therefore I'll have to pass as usual. I'm having all of August off though and will be riding a lot (in the heat) then. The trip to Niko is a little easier from my home so I intend to do it soon. We have relatives in the mountains about 30km south of Nikko so may even stay there the night.

Other rides I'd like to attempt. Tonegawa to the sea and back in one day. '20km from here up the Edo river to the Tone river then 128km to the sea....then home again.... :warau:

I'll also be in Nagano for Obon....that will be cool and my wife wants to ride a lot then as well...

We pick up a new dog on Sunday afternoon. A little puppy toy boy for our Airedale terrier. Therefore I'll have to pass as usual. I'm having all of August off though and will be riding a lot (in the heat) then. The trip to Niko is a little easier from my home so I intend to do it soon. We have relatives in the mountains about 30km south of Nikko so may even stay there the night.

Other rides I'd like to attempt. Tonegawa to the sea and back in one day. '20km from here up the Edo river to the Tone river then 128km to the sea....then home again.... :warau:

I'll also be in Nagano for Obon....that will be cool and my wife wants to ride a lot then as well...

I'm really dying to attack the Iroha Slope!

dying to?
Be careful with what you wish for when cycling.
Kashiwa is near me...I even work in Kashiwa. Do you ride around Tega-numa lake (Abiko)?
You should come for one of our Sunday morning torture club rides along the Edo river on a Sunday morning. (7:30 start from Nagareyama bashi- under the Musashino line--near Misato station).

The traffic around iroha makes me a little scared and I did ride down it once ( a long time ago) on my mountain bike as I followed my wife in the car. Not a nice down hill ride.... Didn't have a chance to go up at the time.... I prefer to ride the car-less mountains in the little villages South of Nikko.

Another plan I have is to ride to Nikko (possibly in September) then across to Nagano...then get the train home. 3 day trip.

Back
Top Bottom