What's new

Johan from Belgium moving to Tokyo soon

Johank

Warming-Up
Mar 30, 2018
hello all,

I am Johan from Belgium and started biking 7 yrs ago (I wish I started much earlier but better late then never). I am 49 yrs old but I feel much younger .

I will move to Tokyo from May onwards, my family will join me during August. I will stay here for min 2yrs and max 5yrs.
I love grandfondo's, did several ones in Belgium, France and Italy. I love to ride in the mountains although I am not a real Climber, more the typical Belgium Flemish cyclist being rather good on the flat and short climbs.

The last 3 yrs I have been riding around 12.000 km/yr .... this will be less moving to Japan since I will need to balance better between work / family / cycling, however I hope to continue to ride 6 - 8.000 km /yr once settled in. I am riding as well in the virtual world (Zwift) mainly during winter time and late evenings

You can find me on Strava!
https://www.strava.com/athletes/10408353

I don't know yet where in Tokyo I will live. Next wk is pre-visit with the family to look for international schools. The first 3 months I will live in Ikebukuro and will look for housing once we have made choice of the school.

I would love to join Some group rides (early morning or weekend). All advice appreciated ! I plan to bring my bike with me from May onwards.

I speak Dutch, English, French, a little German and a little Swedish.

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!
Hope to meet Some of you on a ride or upcoming event soon !

Welcome!

Let us know where you're living as soon as you know. If you end up in Northeast Tokyo then we can definitely go for some rides together.

Good luck with the move and finding a school.

Welcome. Keep you eye out in the ride section for upcoming rides. Hopefully there will be more posted as the warmer weather brings the cyclists out. I ride mainly in the north of Saitama where there are some great roads. The Arakawa river isn't too far from Ikebukuro and is a good way to get out of the city (although I suppose you may well end up living somewhere else on the city).

Thanks Guys, will check for sure and hope to meet Some of you soon !

Back
Top Bottom