What's new

jma.go.jp changes its spots

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
The jma site has started using a new range of colors, both for temperature and precipitation.

New:
http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/radnowc/index.html?areaCode=209

Old:
201012251005-00.png

Same thing for temps & wind, besides the radar.

I was pretty used to the old, so I favor that, but I've also been trying to see what any advantage of the new color scheme might be. Any help on that?

It's harder for me to see the diff between the old bright yellow and bright green.....

I didn't write them a letter or anything tho....

One of the problems with the old one for me, was that with extensive rain, it drowned out the coastline, so you could never be sure quite what level of rainfall was heading your way.

But the new `colour` scheme of the background makes it look like an educational broadcast from the `70`s.

One of the problems with the old one for me, was that with extensive rain, it drowned out the coastline, so you could never be sure quite what level of rainfall was heading your way.

But the new `colour` scheme of the background makes it look like an educational broadcast from the `70`s.

Yes, during heavy wx, it was hard to spot the coastline or a city, and this might be better--thanks for pointing that out.

The new color scheme does seem to grate a little visually, a kind of harshness. I'll take a rain check on whether I like it or not for a while.

~~~~~~

Meanwhile, today is about the 18th or 19th day of November rain here.... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom