What's new

JCRC Stage 6 Gunma CSC

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Stage 6 tomorrow at Gunma, will be racing the S-class.

A little pissed off as it seems that they have allowed 8 X-class riders (Non Categorised) riders to move directly to 'S'. When I asked for this at the beginning of the season they told me that I would have to race in the X-Class race first and get promoted to the relevant classification.

I can't see the point sometimes in racing a series when the marshals blatantly change the rules and regulations to suit their own needs. Like after Miyake Jima they asked everyone but me if they wanted promotion In to S class from A, some took the promotion others didn't.

Don't really need this stress beforea race.

WTF?

Scrap the second complaint..... Im happy to be in S-class as its where I should be.

Mate,

If you think they're shoddy, wait till you start the jitsugyodan next year! A real buch of wallies!

2 years ago at Tsugaike, they didn't get my result from the mass start in the morning so I didn't have a starting point in the TT in the afternoon. When they finally sorted it out, I had to go last after the Japanese national champion. Every one at the side of the road must have thinking, "Who's this dude!? He won in the morning, but he ain't so fast now!"

This year they screwed up everyone's time! They still haven't published the split times. No apologies, no nothing...

My mate Adam summed them up best "Jitsugyodan is a pile of crap, but it's all we've got!"

On another note, do you know Dan Underwood? Maybe he's racing tomorrow... Anyway, he has a nice converted Minshuku near the course. He's always inviting me and the family for training weekends. There are lots of rooms for the whole family. Some of the roads around that area are really fantastic. I'll let you know when we have a get together....

Good luck tomorrow. Keep stress to the back of the mind. Remember, you've won there before so you know how to win it. Others will know you're a man to watch too so you shouldn't go with the obvious... Good luck!

Andy

Andy ...cheers for that..... I got the same kind of thing back from my Japanese buddy Hiroshi-san.

cheers guys....it seems that one team is entering all its riders in to the S-class race and thus all the NEW S-class riders.

I will be talking to a few people before the race to see if we can work together to counter this.

mmm tricky one eh!

Be careful not to make too much of a fuss, the less the team are aware of you the better. If they see you as a threat, they are sure to work against you tactically.

If they don't think of you as a threat, they may just ride on the front without too much thought.

How many laps is it? It's difficult to escape on that course I reckon.

All you can do is stay near the front and keep an eye on things. Stay calm and don't try to cover every attack. If you can work out who their ace is that would be useful and a good man to mark.

Looking forward to the race report. If you win, I'll buy you a pint!

Andy

Andy.... I'll take you up on the pint..... 1/1 for wins on that course so far hopefully make it 2/2.... There are 2 other westerners racing in S so I might have a quiet word before hand.

Unfortunately I've already been marked in the JCRC series, and I had teams working against me at Hitachinaka..... so I think its best to have a quiet word away from the track and form some Pro Tour Tactics.

Just had a look at the starting list on the jcrc website.

Sebic and Paul are both nice guys. Sure they would like to help you if they can.

Should be a hot one! Good luck!

Andy

I met Sebic.... not sure about Paul though. Like you said great guy and hopefully looking to work together.

A little pissed off as it seems that they have allowed 8 X-class riders (Non Categorised) riders to move directly to 'S'. When I asked for this at the beginning of the season they told me that I would have to race in the X-Class race first and get promoted to the relevant classification.

I can't see the point sometimes in racing a series when the marshals blatantly change the rules and regulations to suit their own needs. Like after Miyake Jima they asked everyone but me if they wanted promotion In to S class from A, some took the promotion others didn't.

Don't really need this stress beforea race.

WTF?

James, this is just normal and happens every time the race is so popular they can't fit everyone into X class. They then put riders into the fastest classes because this is where they will be dropped most easily and then don't end up doing harm to others. They will still have to work their ranks up after the race, being classified as F, E or D, depending on their performance.

I really haven't seen anything irregular in or around JCRC races. The only thing I don't like is that they never say anything about the crashes - just warn you before the races, but once the crashes have occurred, no word...

Anyhow, I hope the stress caused you to race even more furiously and go for another podium post.

Very tough race today.... Hot and fast.

Tokyo Uni boys worked very well to get their man out and away, our very own Specailized DJ did an amazing job of catching the group and my attempt to get on his wheel forced the peloton to bridge the gap.

Sprint finish was for 2nd and up and after jumping on the wrong wheel managed to claw my way up and get on the last podium
slot of 6th. Very, very close.

Great racing today and great to meet another TCC member. Full race report will go up on my blog.

Congratulations on making it to the podium again! Looks like the S-class was crazily fast. Looking forward to the report.

Except that the jitsugyoudan race is twice as long - 3 hours at 39km/h on that course - just unbelievable.

Cheers guys, yes it was bloody fast and only a few of us did any work at the front. Our own Specailized DJ did an amazing job of jumping the gap and forcing me and the rest of the peloton to close it.

I could have done more laps at that pace but with not everyone willing to take a pull at the front makes it hard.

Would be interested to see the BR results for that course.

Ludwig, yes the TR is long at 120km. Last year when I did it it was 162 km or 27 (count em!) laps.

James, the BR this year was a touch slower at about 37kmph

http://www.jbcf.jp/db/listRaceResults.php?race_id=R1005&event_name=BR-1

The ER (entry level) is also about the same speed.

http://www.jbcf.jp/db/listRaceResults.php?race_id=R1005&event_name=ER

I guess the big difference with JCRC is just the shear numbers. Looking at those results, about 150 started the BR class. I guess that's why they finish it at the other side of the track in the hope that the last climb will thin things out a bit.

Andy

A field of 150 on that course - must be tough. And must speak for how good the riders are. If this was a JCRC race, there would be many crashes.

How often are there road races on 'legit' road courses over public roads in Japan?

IIRC, Gunma CSC is a purpose-built course for cycling (and motorcycles and cars)...

Well, at least it's not just another hill climb.

Back
Top Bottom