What's new

Help Japanese Wiggle type store?

fredstaple

Speeding Up
Nov 1, 2009
Does Japan have a large mail order or national bicycle retailer like Wiggle in the UK or Performance in the US?

Unfortunately Amazon and Rakuten are just aggregators. I have nothing but crap experience in online shopping from any Japanese cycle-tailer. Usually end up having to just call them on the phone and / or faxing the order. Yahoo Auction, on the otherhand , seems to have a much higher level of reliability - even the Yahoo Shops e-tailers who also have associated e-comm site work much better under the Yahoo UX. Look at Yoshida - wtf is THAT!? Most of the content has not been updated since 5yrs or more, rarely is anything actually in stock, no tracking, etc etc ... makes CRC seem like the Pope's Pajamas. (And for sure they're protestant!!)

LoLz! You might be right about Yoshida and Worldcycle, Tim, but you will be asked to transfer money only after they confirm their stock for your order and send you confirmation e-mail, which takes some time, but it is a safe and sure way to order, unlike CRC.

Also amazon is quite good for the stuff sold and delivered by amazon, and not by a linked shop - zero shipping, fast delivery (the following day after the order, in fact). I get some cheap stuff from them sometimes.

Rakuten is just a market place, but no complains from me so far.

I prefer the globals like Amazon and Yahoo - at least you have some recourse. Yoshida direct is insanely awful. Can't get into it. But - they do have some great deals if you can get them to actually send you the stuff. BTW - most of the Japanese e-tailers also have a cancellation fee - so BE CAREFUL. Once they have your money (by bank xfer which costs YOU yet another $5) they are loathe to give it back and will do so only with a serious amount of harassing.

With the Yen still strong and Japanese e-tailing stuck in the 1960's vis a vis antiquated linear distribution model - why bother? Just buy from Wiggle, PlanetX or any other number of direct-to-mfg sellers.

If you are buying online, there is no reason to use any of the Japanese places. Wiggle have recently upped the ante again regarding logistics, and deliveries are at the fastest they have ever been.

Agree with all comments about Japanese e-commerce. Terrible.

The delivery system is good, but getting to that stage is a pain.

Amazon is great, but that is an aggregation system in Japan, and isn't even Japanese.

Stick with the best.

Thanks...

...thought as much. I was looking for a shop or online retailer with a good selection of mini velos. This seems to be a fairly Japanese only style of bicycle.

I deal with Yoshida but email direct to the guy that handles dispatch and ask him if they have what I need. Have never ever paid for something I never got and the service is pretty personal, albeit by EMail. Kamihara 上原さん is his name and they do offer tracking
ご注文番号: 110214-012

ご利用誠に有難う御座います。
大変お待たせ致しました、ご注文頂いております商品の発送が完了しました。

使用運送会社名: 宅急便クロネコヤマト
代引き金額: \7476
お荷物のお問い合わせ番号: 113070048523
発送後の荷物のお問い合わせは下記運送会社のホームページをご利用ください。
宅急便クロネコヤマト: http://toi.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/cgi-bin/tneko?init
尚、出荷後の時間指定、転送等はお手数おかけしますが運送会社、各営業所までご連絡下さい。

ご利用有難うございました。
ご不明な点やお気づきの点がございましたら下記までご連絡ください。

担当:上原

Big Thanks

Wow, all that for less than 300, and free shipping to a US address. SOLD

BTW - just tried Takizawa:

1) Selection - limited.
2) Inventory - not listed.
3) I purchased <hopefully> a set of wheels and received 2 emails of basically nothing except their lame purchasing policy. Meaning no pertinent information like:
- Order tracking
- Shipping date

4) Very poor shopping cart payment system - in fact, it did not even accept CC.

Japanese e-commerce sites suck when compared to anything in NA or EU. They rarely show actual stock information, endless apologetic mails for delays, crappy payment options, insecure entry forms, etc etc.. The only thing good about buying something in Japan is that when it is shipped, its very prompt.

Just go to Wiggle, change the language settings to Japanese and pretend!:eek:

I have used bici-Sana.com in the past. Some good prices on Shimano wheels.

Back
Top Bottom