What's new

Japanese Cyclocross Racing

Azikara

Speeding Up
Feb 2, 2011
Hi folks,

I am looking for someone to please help me figure out what options there are for cyclocross racing here in Japan. I cannot speak or read Japanese so I need help determining when the races are, where they are, how to sign up etc.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Tristan

Choto Mate

I have lots do do today (namely ride my bike)
but have alot of info on the subject. Japan is cross crazy my friend!
start your intervals and dismonts now cause the competionion is tuned!
I will get backto you when can,

Meanwhile STUDY YOUR JAPANESE!

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Will check it out. I am in the towards the end of my crit racing season now so, yes, I am doing my intervals. Need to bring my CX bike to Tokyo with me next time.

Japanese? That will take a little longer....

Also

Check out the movie "the cyclocross meeting"
you can see the trailer on youtube
gives you an idea of the scene

BTW - I have built up some full carbon CX forks for discbrake only. Since UCI now allows DB - this is very cool. Maybe good for Japan CX - but will know more when I throw myold body to those wolves again this winter. In any case - I have tons of experience on CX (Seatlle is my hometown, come on) And if you haven't finished a race on a bare seatpost, broken bars, flat tires and freezing rain, then you don't know CX!

That's nice but it's not answering my original question...how does one get information and sign up for the races? I need to plan now. CX season is right around the corner.

Payment, entry

First you have to find out what series you or areas you would like to race.
The best way to do this is to go to the websight posted above, and directly under where it says "Information from around the cyclo Vogue there is a listing of the 8 different series in Japan. Go into each one, individually check out each race and there will be a map showing where the race is, usually zoomed in, just zoom out and you should be able to see where on the continent it is, and what train stations are near. After deciding what race you are going to do just go to "race entry" link at the top of and any of the series homepages and fill out the form. There are many payment methods the easyest for you will be to pay the venue (reception desk on the day). You MUST read the competition guidlines if you plan to participate and also the rules. This will answer any qusetion I have left out (liscences, categories, equipment) and if you register properly and show up to a venue I am fairly positive someone speaks english, but maybe practice some things you wil like to say.

Chuck..... whats the deal on XC MTB racing. I plan on doing some cross training in the off season..... and having a giggle while Im at it.

Donno

Sorry, I dont have any info on those, dont have a MTB right now.... Although I was eying up your Kona! Remember, you can race your mtb in any cross race, in fact at Nobeyama last year a guy smoked the field on his full suspension! there was a mud section and he could ride it while others had to run!

Back
Top Bottom