What's new

Japan Cycling Book

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
A lot of you might already know this book, but it was new to me, so just in case:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/丹羽隆志の日本ベストサイクリングコース10〈vol-1〉-丹羽-隆志/dp/4808585332

41vaRBEBNGL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU09_.jpg

Better half picked it up for my birthday. Has some excellent info, nice looking routes, good pictures, and a serviceable English translation.

This plus all the great GW ride reports have me hankering to do a tour!

Phill

Yes, I do have it. This book tempted me to do tour to Japan sea coast to coase and also Noto peninsula last year. Next time, I plan to do a tour in Shimokita peninsula up north in Aomori prefecture. I am not sure when it comes true.

I am sure you will find great tour plans in this book. You need a lot of holiday and money.

Minoru Arai

Yes I bought it too, after Araim1's recent recommendation. I'd done routes very similar to 5 of the 10 already, but he's got some nice twists in there. I also bought three books (all in Japanese) by the same author, for Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Tokai regions. Lots of great ideas.

I will using it for rides in Hokkaidou and Shimokita this summer. I was a little surprised that the latter goes counterclockwise around the coast. Does anyone know a special reason why? Generally I prefer to do coastal rides clockwise for better views down to the water.

ETA: had my clock backwards, directions are now correct (I hope).

Back
Top Bottom