What's new

Japan Cup Oct 23.24

Got my stuff through for Saturday's open race today. 1100 start.

Do you know there's a criterium going on to? Saturday 1530 start in downtown Utsonomiya. The pros will do this race too. As a result of this all the hotels are booked up on Saturday night. However, there is free camping in the park where the race is held and plenty of onsen options close by. If you decide to camp, wrap up warm and pack some whiskey!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Won't be able to go up but am going to try and catch it on the TV this year.

I'm going to be there with friends for Sat and Sunday, got lucky and got the last free room. Might try to take a bike for the two rounds on the course on Sat morning, depending on whether there is some space left in the car.

Maybe decide in advance for a place to watch the crit and the main race as a meeting point for TCCers?

Some big names from the Cevelo Test Team will also be attending.

Yeah, only Pro Continental teams listed are Bbox and DeRosa.

Does anyone happen to know they ride the same course every year? Seems like it's always a climber winning it. Does Arashiro stand a chance?

Does anyone happen to know they ride the same course every year? Seems like it's always a climber winning it. Does Arashiro stand a chance?

The course is up and down and so was the world cup course. Arashiro has a good chance but there are usually lots of small attacks off the front and a small group usually wins. The bigger your team the better. You need lots of help to last till the end.

Very exciting race to watch as they pass the same place so often... Pretty sure it's the same all the time.
I'm sure there are more pro teams coming they are just slow to list them.

Was great to see Basso make his comeback there 2 years ago and his battle with Cunego at the end was awesome.

A Japanese guy can easily win this...

I was told by the person that managers the Cevelo Test Teams Race and Support program that a few of the riders will be attending.

Phil,

Same course every year. One short steep climb, one long tough climb followed by a scary descent. World Championships were held here and the race has continued as the Japan Cup since then.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

I just heard that Eddie Merckx, although he was invited (maybe as part of his brand renewal through Specialized) will unfortunately not attend. Bummer.

What do you guys think are the chances to meet any of the pros watching the Keirin races at Utsunomiya Velodrome on Thursday and Friday? I have been thinking of going a day early just for that reason.

I'll be riding up from 6 a.m with 5 guys from where the Tobu Noda railway crosses the Edo river on the Chiba side. (closest station Kawama). If anybody wants to tag along.

Just over 100km from there. Will get the train home.

Pete, just watched your video, that was great.

The spot you guys were in at the 2:45 mark was somehow was really reminiscent of the Muur...

I'm convinced now, definitely going to try and make it next year.

Back
Top Bottom