What's new

Race Japan Cup 2019 Challenge/Open Races and Free Run (10/19)

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
I signed up for the challenge race (two laps of the JC course) and the free run. Need to get SKINNY for that massive climb...

Anyone else doing them?

Oof I just realized there are no hotel rooms anywhere in Utsunomiya for either Saturday or Sunday night...

Oof I just realized there are no hotel rooms anywhere in Utsunomiya for either Saturday or Sunday night...
Love hotels are all over the city center...

You can camp right by the lake on the course (though they may have stopped that officially as it used to be a riot!).

Andy

I second the suggestion for love hotels. Sometimes they are even cheaper than regular hotels and often include free food. Others have room service.

I second the suggestion for love hotels. Sometimes they are even cheaper than regular hotels and often include free food. Others have room service.

The problem is that you can't leave a love hotel once you go inside. Maybe I'll take the train... guess I need a more portable bike bag.

The problem is that you can't leave a love hotel once you go inside. Maybe I'll take the train... guess I need a more portable bike bag.
That's true, and the only big drawback. Before the Japanese government went all berserk on AirBnB, that was my preferred option. I don't know how many listings they have been able to restore, I haven't checked in a while.

Back
Top Bottom