What's new

January Weekday Rides

knownone

Speeding Up
Aug 4, 2011
Although we only got a ride or two together last month during the weekdays (and because I actually have winter tights now) I am very interested in getting some base miles in this month. I still have a lot of weekdays free through January and I think it would be nice to get some group rides going if others are into it.

Anyone else out there feel like some January rides?

(I plan to hit Arakawa tomorrow to get a start on the year)

I would love to, but I am in Yokohama and only available in the afternoons.

While I love the river rides, it just takes too long for me to get up there on a weekday.

I have been considering a ride to Kamakura and back. I just have not found a 'fun' route yet to do consistently.

I would love to, but I am in Yokohama and only available in the afternoons.

While I love the river rides, it just takes too long for me to get up there on a weekday.

I have been considering a ride to Kamakura and back. I just have not found a 'fun' route yet to do consistently.

Arakawa, Tokyo 23-ku, southern Saitama and western Tokyo (out to the mountains) rides are generally pretty convenient for me, but Yokohama is a bit tricky. I do have a bike bag, though, so an occasional ride might be possible.

Hi

I will let you know my schedule by the end of the weekend, to see if we can get out together some time.

Cheers

Hi

I will let you know my schedule by the end of the weekend, to see if we can get out together some time.

Cheers

Looking forward to it!

I'll be in Ichikawa from the 11th and keen to ride in all directions. Due to work I haven't been on a bike for a month so I'll use my first week to get into some shape and then I might be in touch. I'm a casual rider and usually ride in the 60 to 120km range.

Anyone into an Arakawa run tomorrow (Thursday Jan 10th)?

I have Wednesday off work, and would be into an LSD ride (perhaps the one that keeps getting postponed?)

I just checked the weather and it looks like snow again though...

I have Wednesday off work, and would be into an LSD ride (perhaps the one that keeps getting postponed?)

I just checked the weather and it looks like snow again though...

If it doesn't snow I would be into an LSD ride on Wednesday.

Hi. I should be able to keep Thurs 24th or Fri 25th free (probably not both) to meet up with you for a spin. I've ridden some of the southern section of the Arakawa and wouldn't mind following it along to the north. If the Iwabuchi suimon is a regular meeting spot I can't find any info on exactly where that is. I'd need GPS co-ordinates or another reference to find it.

Looks like the snow held off and the sun is even peeking out where I am. What's the plan for tomorrow? I can be ready to roll by 1030 or so.

Hey

Yeah, the weather is looking slightly better tomorrow.

So, if anybody wants to go for an LSD ride (that means absolutely no legging it whatsoever), then I will be at the 10am meeting spot proposed in the currently postponed Ara/Edo/Tone ride, at... erm... 10am :)

Hey

Yeah, the weather is looking slightly better tomorrow.

So, if anybody wants to go for an LSD ride (that means absolutely no legging it whatsoever), then I will be at the 10am meeting spot proposed in the currently postponed Ara/Edo/Tone ride, at... erm... 10am :)

I think I will be in, I will just have to check on my routing and time to get to the 10am spot at 10am ;)

Seems CaliVelo is going to be too late for this.

I feel like death warmed up (got those early 'I am getting a cold' feelings), but will go out anyway.

I will be down the 10am meeting point, but at 11.30am instead. Not going to ride the full LSD course, but will most likely go up to the Honda Airfield, and perhaps a bit further, then double back.

See how I feel and all that.

So, see you tomorrow and anybody else, if you are up for it (and if I don't die during the night)

Seems CaliVelo is going to be too late for this.

I feel like death warmed up (got those early 'I am getting a cold' feelings), but will go out anyway.

I will be down the 10am meeting point, but at 11.30am instead. Not going to ride the full LSD course, but will most likely go up to the Honda Airfield, and perhaps a bit further, then double back.

See how I feel and all that.

So, see you tomorrow and anybody else, if you are up for it (and if I don't die during the night)

Ok, see you at the 10am meeting point at 11:30am! If you do feel like you might die before the ride, please let us know ;)

I am good to go Friday this week and both Thursday and Friday next week if there is anything happening.

Back
Top Bottom