What's new

Today January 2021

I am suffering on the weight issue right now and going to other direction.
I am burning less calories a workday by roughly 800 and at least 3000 on the weekends.
I am into my dry season again - so that should help... but I am watching the scale with anxiety everytime I step on it.

It is almost time to get super serious on the calorie cutting to get to where I was just 3 weeks ago.

@bloaker that sucks man. there's hardly anything more frustrating for an active person than when an injury throws you off course and the uncertainty about when you're gonna be able to come back etc. you got that MRI yesterday? any news?

@bloaker that sucks man. there's hardly anything more frustrating for an active person than when an injury throws you off course and the uncertainty about when you're gonna be able to come back etc. you got that MRI yesterday? any news?
MRI is done, but now it is time to wait for someone to analyze the image created. So still nothing definitive. Good news is 800mg of motrin 3 times a day has done wonders for swelling. I am planing to do a short hike for a sunrise on Sunday. Going to leave super early so I can take my time.

Well January sure is bringing in lots of snow. No cycling now for a while. April can't hurry up fast enough.

you sure that's a good idea @bloaker With a hike you are going to be climbing right? Why not drive to the coast and take a walk to see the sunrise?
Whatever damage you have done hasn't fixed itself if you are taking 2400mg of Ibuprofen a day. I can see a wifely dope slap in your future.
No doubt it is not fixed. I have actually been doing less than the Dr has said due to fear of making things worse. As for the hike - yes, there will be some up.down hill - however it will be less strenuous than my daily routine at work. Luckily the route I am going to take has only one sustained climb of more than 20m and that will be on a smoother fireroad. All the other climbs are relatively short in nature.

I have no intentions of making things worse and I have luckily already proven when things don't feel right - I stop.

minus one in Yamaguchi now
stopped snowing
got about 9 inches of snow

minus one in Yamaguchi now
stopped snowing
got about 9 inches of snow
http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/amedas/209.html?elementCode=4

Officially, 47cm on the ground ((edit: now 62cm)), but the way it is, lots of little cells coming by, and we're next to a hill, maybe a little more. Was out shoveling twice today and still didn't get enough done to get the cars out--and not sure that would have been a good idea anyway. We're lucky to have some space so there's a place to put it. And it's still coming down.

Wife or I might walk to the supermkt tomorrow. We've got other stuff but no veggies to speak of, tho she said she'd read that the stores were low on food since deliveries are also shut down. On the plus side, it'll keep people shut in and isolated, and I doubt there'll be crowds downtown for the long weekend.

Last edited:
man that takes up some space and then some! the sheer volume of it... don't hurt yourself cleaning the roof as we see in the news all the time ;)

http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/amedas/209.html?elementCode=4

Officially, 47cm on the ground ((edit: now 62cm)), but the way it is, lots of little cells coming by, and we're next to a hill, maybe a little more. Was out shoveling twice today and still didn't get enough done to get the cars out--and not sure that would have been a good idea anyway. We're lucky to have some space so there's a place to put it. And it's still coming down.

Wife or I might walk to the supermkt tomorrow. We've got other stuff but no veggies to speak of, tho she said she'd read that the stores were low on food since deliveries are also shut down. On the plus side, it'll keep people shut in and isolated, and I doubt there'll be crowds downtown for the long weekend.
I could help you out if I lived closer!

1610251425477.jpg1610251323413.jpg20210110_121532.jpg20210110_100449.jpg

My wife's friend is worried about her dad who lives 10km inland in Nota village. 3.3 metres in 24 hours! This afternoon's job might be hiking out there to check on him!

Andy

Hike done. 14km over 4hrs.
My knee is sore, but not bad at all. Just a little swelling that is already going down. The outside bug is scratched and I can survive another week.

Ran into mtb riders I know. I did have a bit of jealousy.

Ended up hiking with 2 coworkers and a dog.

20210110_102806.jpg20210110_080759.jpg

Handsome pooch! He didnt stray too much from the path to chase down small animals?

Noticed the remote collar, nice to have when hiking with a dog

I joined Tour de Zwift on stage 2 and have done 2 straight days of that. I didn't realize I'd have so much fun in group rides and that the basic HIIT/FTP training plans I did in 2020 would benefit me so much.

No. 2 Son expressed interest in going for a ride today. We pootled as far as we could go on this side of the Tamagawa, had a nice lunch at Trex Kawasaki Riverside Café, crossed over and pootled back home. Easy 50 km for me. He's exhausted. Lovely day for a ride.

tamagawa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom