What's new

Today January 2021

the treatment from Blackmagicpaint

So I just went to @pittsburgh_Surfer's IG account to see more pictures.
He had the blue and orange and then did this as a way of remembering someone... so sentimental reasons.
After looking at a few of the pictures... just not me. He seems tickled with it tho, so good for him!

Celtic Cycles had an XC steel MTB at NAHBS back in 2010 that was a metalic flake and the bike faded from a bright orange up front to a dark green at the tail end. THe colors were amazing together and just the right amount of flake. I spent some time this morning trying to find the pictures I took, but no luck.

... just not me

I find this exquisitely beautiful! And slightly inspiring.
That is the great thing about custom anything, including people who are all individual.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't expect my bikes to be everyone's cup of tea but some may like what I have done.
I saw a bloke who had restored a carbon coated alloy tubed lugged Miyata with gold lugs and he then went full gold componentry, it was kitch IMO but he loved it. FWIW I found those Miyatas to be total noodles when the tubes got longer.

Attachments

• b50d2c4903afa58db3a3d09ba2626798.jpg
    b50d2c4903afa58db3a3d09ba2626798.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 8
this thing surfaced in my recommendations so I gave it a try this morning, and I must say I enjoyed it more than expected. at least I get to see the best parts summed up in a 30min video, rather than spending four grueling months actually doing this

as long as the front fork has plenty of clearance. too much snow for a test ride?
Fork: I think there's a cm there on each side, at least that on top. Could maybe run an MTB tire there...? ;)

And yeah, too wet and yucky, tho there might be some dry patches tomorrow. I haven't been on SPD-SLs and on this bike on the road for quite a while now. Maybe I'll swap pedals.

in the middle of an overhaul and ran out of ferrules; didnt notice that the brake and shifter cable housings did not include them. oh well, i guess this would be a good time to visit the neighborhood bike shop to see if they sell them.

Got back on Zwift this morning to experiment....

If I move my knee out while pedaling, the discomfort increases even at 180w.
If I move my knee in toward the top bar - discomfort magically goes away and I spun up to 300w.
If I stay in my neutral position, I can get 200w still without any issues, but more than that is not good.

My follow up with the Dr is in the morning, so I am tryng my best to know what does and doesn't cause issues so I can accurately voice my concerns.
I have not been on a trail bike in over a month and I am sick over it. The conditions right now locally are the best of the year (with exception of this weekends rain).

The 14 yr old is my daughter's classmate. Shit got really real, really quick. Thankfully the young girl is expected to make a full recovery and will have a heck of a scar to show. The ER at the city hospital is a 3 minute drive from her house (but they called an ambulance) and there were cop cars coming from everywhere.

I do feel a touch sad for the lad too...... being tried for attempted murder.
so now a boy in the same class has tested positive for the Rona. PCR tests for my daughter tomorrow.(I'm not going to be moving around much until I get her all clear result).
Great way for the kids to focus on exams to enter high school. I feel the whole class should get to chose any fucking high school they want after this last 15 months.

posterolateral corner (PLC) compromise & PCL injury. No surgery, but 3-6months to fully recover with physical therapy.

Yay no surgery.
Boo no quickfix
I had slow fix of my knees last summer. I didn't get much cycling done, but I finished the PT with new confidence in my knees and awareness of my body in general. It was a test to my patience, but looking back at it I really value it now.
I hope you'll have a similary positive experience on your way to (a hopefully quick) recovery.

posterolateral corner (PLC) compromise & PCL injury. No surgery, but 3-6months to fully recover with physical therapy.

Yay no surgery.
Boo no quickfix
Like you wrote, you should be glad that this can be fixed with PT. I have only gotten proper PT for a shoulder injury once and it was amazing. Thanks to my PT I have almost the same range of motion as before, she did motions for me while I was injured.

Why don't you try and Jedi mind trick yourself into making this a challenge: work on stuff you wouldn't ordinarily do? Improve your cooking skills. Sleep more and better. Do some strength training (provided, of course, you have gotten a green light from your doctor and your PT). My PT gave me some exercises I could do at home, too.

Back
Top Bottom