What's new

Today Jan 2019

a bit bummed as got my first gout attack a couple of weeks ago. pain has gone and relatively no more swelling but i feel that my ankle is still stiff, feeling that the gout has caused some damage to the joint (based on research, it will damage it over time). hoping it will "unstiffen" itself so that i can jump on the bike again.

learned to drink a lot more water now and stay away from the sugary drinks; want to help my kidneys to flush out the purines as much as i can.

a bit bummed as got my first gout attack a couple of weeks ago. pain has gone and relatively no more swelling but i feel that my ankle is still stiff, feeling that the gout has caused some damage to the joint (based on research, it will damage it over time). hoping it will "unstiffen" itself so that i can jump on the bike again.

learned to drink a lot more water now and stay away from the sugary drinks; want to help my kidneys to flush out the purines as much as i can.
Boo!

I couldn't bring myself to like this post, but wanted to acknowledge it sucks!

Bike related... but not riding...
I have a shop I still deal with back home and he makes kickass wheels.
I usually do my homework, figure out what I want, then I search for the best price. I shoot him a message with all the details and ask if he can match (or come close). I have yet to be let down and his wheels are always up to to take a beating.

Today he sent me a pic of my latest wheelset just before he tapes them up for tubeless and ships them.

50790812_10156913595872808_4485691482056949760_n.jpg

i9 hubs, with Arc30 rear rim and Arc35 front. Double butted Sapim spokes and allow nipples.
Pretty close to bulletproof!

Back in shorts this morning and left the Commuter at home. I brought in the Ti MTB.
After work, I will be hitting the local trails with my trail saw, then back to work to swap the MTB for my Fargo & Trailer to give the kiddo a ride home...

All this works if the rain holds off.

Back in shorts this morning and left the Commuter at home. I brought in the Ti MTB.
After work, I will be hitting the local trails with my trail saw, then back to work to swap the MTB for my Fargo & Trailer to give the kiddo a ride home...

All this works if the rain holds off.

I'm afraid I have bad news for you.....

Took the train instead of commuting by bike and its always a reminder why I don't commute by public transport anymore.

@stu_kawagoe I've got tickets for a family of five going to the AB's game in Tokyo so if any of them pull out I'll give you first dibs.
How about this for sucky timing ? Missed it by two minutes do to a customer phone call.
The demand globally is through the roof. Third biggest sporting event in the world after Olympics and Football WC.
Mate,
That is so damned decent of you.

Haven't been on the bike much,except for commuting, the last week or two due to the wind.Hope this evening's snow fall is minimal.

Haven't been on the bike much,except for commuting, the last week or two due to the wind.Hope this evening's snow fall is minimal.

Where you at?
The worst thing about snow in Yokohama/Tokyo area is how everyone puts chains on their tires (instead of using winter tires?) and they f*ck up all the road surfaces proper. Especially the area near near the shoulder becomes awful. Here's to hoping for no snow in Tokyo/Yokohama!

I'm afraid I have bad news for you.....

Took the train instead of commuting by bike and its always a reminder why I don't commute by public transport anymore.

Rain stopped an hour before I got out of work. I then hit the trails to do some work. Got one tree removed and another got one of two cuts complete. I will need several more days to finish as 6 more trees are down on this route. As I finished up, the rain starts, so I just pedaled home in the drizzle... tired.

PSA - It's cold outside.
Freaking valleys are "Steal the air in your lungs" cold.
19km and called it quits. Bones are feeling brittle....

Back
Top Bottom