What's new

James Martin British Chef

Peter, please stop picking on James regarding his lack of proofreading skills. He can't help it; it's caused by a small particle of brain still lodged in his skull. Besides which, as Senior TCC Insultant, it's my job*, nay, my sacred mission, to do this.

You'll be hearing from my UCI (Union of Cycling Insultants) representative.

I'm a seasoned, 48 year old, certified grammar and spelling Nazi.
Want to see my union card?

Actually many thanks for that as I was under the impression that it was "ect." now I know its Etc.

The biggest problem is that I would say the majority of cyclists have their heads up their arse. They have an elitist attitude verging on that of religious zealots where even in the face of logic they think they have the god given right to be exactly where they are and at whatever speeds they see fit and its all cyclists from the fixie crowd not wanting to add breaks, the roadies not wanting to slow down on cycle paths and Mtb riders tearing up the local trails.

We all need to stop (maybe not stop but slow down) and think about what we are doing and if we are being responsible and setting the example to others. Also as foreigners we are easily spotted and stand out and watched so I feel that I should be setting an example, even more so if you race and are known.

Also for you "Averages" Junkies out there……… set your system to either stop recording when you stop or hit a certain speed eg: "stop when my speed drops below 10km/h" or stop training to average speeds….. it's a poor training method anyway :D

+1

I tried to post just the above, but apparently it is too short so had to add this spiel!

The biggest problem is that I would say the majority of cyclists have their heads up their arse. They have an elitist attitude verging on that of religious zealots where even in the face of logic they think they have the god given right to be exactly where they are and at whatever speeds they see fit and its all cyclists from the fixie crowd not wanting to add breaks, the roadies not wanting to slow down on cycle paths and Mtb riders tearing up the local trails.

We all need to stop (maybe not stop but slow down) and think about what we are doing and if we are being responsible and setting the example to others. Also as foreigners we are easily spotted and stand out and watched so I feel that I should be setting an example, even more so if you race and are known.

Also for you "Averages" Junkies out there……… set your system to either stop recording when you stop or hit a certain speed eg: "stop when my speed drops below 10km/h" or stop training to average speeds….. it's a poor training method anyway :D

Yeah, +2 on all of this. Nicely said James.

While we're busy whinging about pedestrians/mama-charis/cars/whatever, let's make sure we're behaving too, eh?

(Edit: Except for the "breaks" instead of "brakes" bit ;))

(Edit: Except for the "breaks" instead of "brakes" bit ;))

HAHAHA just spotted that as well.

About I stepped back about 2 years ago and thought about it all

About 2 years ago I stepped back and thought about all this, I was getting angry with pedestrians on the cycle paths, drivers cutting me up or truck drivers squeezing past. I still do on occasion, when idiots do things that put others or me in deliberate harm's way.

But now I wave cars through, pull over for trucks and most of all I stay well clear of cycle paths at peak times. They are cycling paths not velodromes and designed for recreational riders not sports or people training for racing.

So like I said, the Tamasai course is now only used for warm up or down before and after riding and normal roads is where I build up and do the real workouts.

I ride because I love it, I want others to enjoy and love the sport as I do and I want people to know that it's a better lifestyle. This isn't going to happen if we are all just ranting at everyone and everything.

Back
Top Bottom