What's new

I've become obsessed....

Taffmonster

Warming-Up
Mar 2, 2011
What has happened to me! I am becoming obsessed with upgrading my bike to the point of ridiculousness.

Today, because I have no money and want new wheels, I am taking my Cross bike (Giant escape RX3) to cycly to see if I can swap it for some wheels !

Am I retarded ? I am like a kid in a candy store!
I think I need to chill out with the bike obsession.

That's a normal condition of a bike-otaku, which are abundant at TCC :) Just try to put your upgrades to a good use. And don't underestimate the usefulness of a second bike - cross, road or mtb.
2+ bikes is a norm (or a must :D)

Sometimes when you get a case of *GAS, it can get really bad.

(*gear acquisition syndrome)

I try and restrain myself and save all those upgrades till I have the urge to get them all at once but instead get a new bike...

Well I went to the shop and they offered me 15000 yen. I coughed, spluttered, laughed and politely said no.

Guess I'll just buy the wheels out right if they still have em. 47,000 yen for a pair of Mavic Kyrsium elite. Just have to wait a little longer. Must fight the habit.

I have a feeling that your "obsessed" is about equal to Owen's "mild interest"... he's set the bar for obsessed! :D

Owen is still justa rookie .............TRUST ME.

Taffmonster...one set is never enough.... these are just SOMEof the wheels I own!

14908946187317924654785.jpg

I won't even go into the bikes,parts and other bits I have in draws and cupboards at home.

Well I went to the shop and they offered me 15000 yen. I coughed, spluttered, laughed and politely said no.

Guess I'll just buy the wheels out right if they still have em. 47,000 yen for a pair of Mavic Kyrsium elite. Just have to wait a little longer. Must fight the habit.

To be honest I would keep saving..... contact points are THE most important part of the bike and I would suggest doubling or trippling that figure and get a real good set of wheels keep the others for wet weather and winter beaters.

What have I gotten myself into!

This is going to be a long slippery slope. And it looks like I'll be going down it in the drops :eek:uch:

I guess its a good thing I dont have a credit card in Japan!

cycly on route 17 in minami urawa
they also have a brand new looking set of equip for 35,000

i really really liked the look of the S40's but im also trying to loose some weight off my bike. The S40's are probably heavier than the Mavic CXP22's (standard steel spokes and shimano 105 hubs) that came stock. Although I would have to weigh them to find out exactly. If I dont loose weight in the wheels im not sure where else i can loose it save for the tire around my waist!

although if i could get the Merida S40'S that come on the scultra my road would look very similar if not the same

8404-27931-full-26-70.jpg

Why not get yourself a set of these that soloed to victory at Roubaix yesterday!?

When I was watching it I thought they were the old style Cosmic Carbones that I've been running - fast, reliable and hard as nails.

But on further investigation:

Van Summeren's victory also marked a successful Paris-Roubaix debut for Mavic's new M40 carbon wheels – clad in bright yellow decals just for the race – which feature an extra-wide profile, a versatile 40mm depth, and tough bladed stainless steel spokes and brass nipples connected to sleek aluminum-bodied hubs front and rear.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Look how much tire pressure he's lost! :eek:

There was actually an article in a magazine about that exact quote Alan. The endorphins and adrenalin released in endurosports are a lot more addictive than that of heroine.

Athletes actually suffer the same symptoms, sudden impulses such as walking in to sport shops, bike store and so on, checking out other peoples rides., pretty much anything associated to the "kick" we are also always looking for that next big hit… that next ultimate high, some of us race, others climb higher and higher.

Back
Top Bottom