What's new

Its time again for bike insurance

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
My insurance with sompo runs out June 14th. I really don't like the way they go about everything from only using the computer/smart phone with no human to speak too, to do business.
I'm looking for another bike insurance company. Hopefully they have a staff that someone speaks English. Who do you recommend ?

Thanks guys.

Most (all?) cell phone companies offer cycling insurances. Mine (Softbank) costs 540 ¥ per month and covers my wife and I.

Most (all?) cell phone companies offer cycling insurances. Mine (Softbank) costs 540 ¥ per month and covers my wife and I.
That sounds so super cheap. Do you have a link for them. Thanks.

I hear you can buy bank insurance at the 7-11. I'm not sure about the coverage but that's kind of face-to-face, though you might have to fill in your details on the machine they have in store.

That sounds so super cheap. Do you have a link for them. Thanks.
Sorry, I don't think so. But since you mentioned you wanted to talk to a human, your cell phone company should offer something similar. I reckon it is cheap, because they are fleecing me every month for the phone service. ;)

I've got the 7-11 insurance. Wife set it all up for me after all the news coverage of a teenager bowling over an elderly pedestrian costing their family a fortune.

Mine's due as well, will just got he 7-11 route again I think.

I've got the 7-11 insurance. Wife set it all up for me after all the news coverage of a teenager bowling over an elderly pedestrian costing their family a fortune.

Mine's due as well, will just got he 7-11 route again I think.

Is it a 7-11 insurance or just an underwriter type of thing.
June 14th is the last day of coverage. I have a Y-mobile phone account by SoftBank, and thought about talking to them, but the way these big companies are having difficulty I'm not sure which route I should take. I bought the best insurance, mainly because of the close calls in the past and my age, but this time, I think I need to cut back on the cost.
What should one really be insured for?

Adding cycling coverage to another existing policy is often the lowest cost option.

A few years ago I added third party liability for household members to my fire insurance, which also covers cycling.

When I recently renewed my car insurance there was a less than 3000 yen surcharge option that also included cycling insurance.

Adding cycling coverage to another existing policy is often the lowest cost option.

A few years ago I added third party liability for household members to my fire insurance, which also covers cycling.

When I recently renewed my car insurance there was a less than 3000 yen surcharge option that also included cycling insurance.

Thanks. I'll ask the wife about her fire insurance. Sounds good I think.

Went to 7-11 today to check out the brochure for insurance. Haven't read it yet. So I don't know the cost.

Back
Top Bottom