What's new

Race Ishikawa Road 7/19

Pinkie B

Cruising
Jul 4, 2015
I was just wondering if anyone is competing in this weekend's Ishikawa Road race up in Fukushima?

I'm going to scout it with some friends. I'm not licensed yet, but I heard it was a good course and I'm thinking of riding it next year.

What categories do they have and what category are you going for?

Looks to be a JBCF race, about 115km long. The men do it in just over 3 hours, which is about 38 - 40kmph average speed for the whole course. Can't find any info on the womens race results, but going by general speed differences between mens and womens classes, I would imagine the women are doing it at about 32-34kmph average for the course.

You can find more info here...

http://www.jbcf.jp/calendar/

...seems in 2014 it was the 18th race in the JFT, so if you want to race it next year, you need to get on a Japan Pro Tour team, and race the JFT event.

A friend of mine is competing. I would have gone since it's local but I have a race the same day elsewhere.

If memory serves, you have to join or make a "jitsugyodan" team to race in JCBF races. It's not just a licensing thing. So you need at least one other rider, apparently.

It might only be for the "Pro" class, but I heard something about a team car being mandatory.

@baribari what team is your friend on, and where are you racing that day?

From what I can make out on the calendar on the JBCF site, the Ishikawa race is JPT (Pro), JET (Elite), JFT ('Feminine') and JYT (Youth). @Pinkie B would need to do the JFT one.

I coach the Neilpryde - Nanshin Subaru women's team competing in the JBCF Japan Feminine Tour (JFT). We have 2 women competing at the race this weekend. Last year it was hot, and they completed the race in 1:16 averaging 32kph. This year there is a bigger field than last. I expect about half the group to be dropped on the first lap, then a fast group of about 8-10 to form on the second lap. I expect Asahi to try and launch an attack half-way through the 3rd lap, maybe 4-5 riders getting away, and a goal sprint. If someone is feeling really strong, they may go for a solo break about 800m out.
Can't make it up this weekend.
I'll go to the criterium in Odaiba on the 26th.

@Doug3 cheers for the info. What is the course elevation profile like? (can't imagine it being mega hilly with an average speed like that, but you never know!)

Cheers.

The womens event is a lot shorter than the mens. That is a bit surprising.

Yeah, that profile looks like it could be hammered fast.

Here's my report from there a couple of years ago:

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2013/07/ishikawa-road-race-2013.html

That race was a bit of a disater!

It's a nice course though. The heat is a big factor. Also it's difficult enough to make a selection. Both the climbing and technical corners thin the field.

The finish is nice too with a long not too steep drag. Then there's a right angle bend 200 m before a steeper climb for the line. Kind of like a Classic in the heat of summer in Japan...

Andy

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Odaiba is a little rough for me to get to, and I'm reattempting the Oodarumi pass in Yamanashi the day before, but I'll see if I can't find some Neilpryde jerseys this weekend. If I mention Doug from TCC will they know what I'm talking about?

Odaiba is a little rough for me to get to, and I'm reattempting the Oodarumi pass in Yamanashi the day before, but I'll see if I can't find some Neilpryde jerseys this weekend. If I mention Doug from TCC will they know what I'm talking about?
Sure, they will know. There will also be 5 men riding and a couple of other staff.

Back
Top Bottom