What's new

Is your spouse a cyclist

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
My wife now sees how happy I am talking about cycling that I actually got her thinking about buying one of them folding bikes. Not sure where this will go, she's saying she may need one of the 3 wheeler shopping electric bicycles. :(

So, is your spouse an active cyclist?

My wife rides an e-bike and horses. It's because of the latter we can just pack everything in and ride a tandem around the world until we cark it, which is the second-best way I want to go.

She is a "cyclist" riding a road bike, she has barely no idea about good or bad stuffs haha, i build an old Tarmac SL4 for her and she enjoys a lot.
She rides with me sometimes around Arakawa side and Saitama, and we did together the Shimanami trip, i was impressed that she could ride 80km after only 2 months practicing cycling... wives are awesome that's all

My wife rides an e-bike and horses. It's because of the latter we can just pack everything in and ride a tandem around the world until we cark it, which is the second-best way I want to go.

You can ride horses in Tokyo?

You can ride horses in Tokyo?
Yeah (she rides mainly in Chiba, though).
And...it's considerably cheaper to ride horses in Tokyo (and take lessons) than in country Australia and with much less red tape. Based on my experience, I would say its cheaper and easier to regularly ride horses in Japan than it is to do in Australia, which I find to be really outrageous.

Yeah (she rides mainly in Chiba, though).
And...it's considerably cheaper to ride horses in Tokyo (and take lessons) than in country Australia and with much less red tape. Based on my experience, I would say its cheaper and easier to regularly ride horses in Japan than it is to do in Australia, which I find to be really outrageous.

Amazing , never new that. In Kyushu, raw horse meat is very popular. Have you ever eaten raw sliced horse meat?

She will be.

Its got to be a great feeling when a couple is out biking in the morning mist and see a rainbow. That is bike heaven. :)

Its got to be a great feeling when a couple is out biking in the morning mist and see a rainbow. That is bike heaven. :)

My bike heaven would be stopping for a break, to procreate and a craft beer, next to some cool mountain spring.. Then again, the procreation led to pregnancy which is why she's not a cyclist...yet.

My bike heaven would be stopping for a break, to procreate and a craft beer, next to some cool mountain spring.. Then again, the procreation led to pregnancy which is why she's not a cyclist...yet.

Have you ever crafted your own beer in Japan? And is it legal to do it?

Thanks for the info.

Going biking now. Great weather, a bit windy though.

Niice! I just finished day 4 of 6 in week 2 of a training plan I started. Got in a ride right as the rain was ending and finished just as it was starting again. Tokyo has been in the upper 60s/low 70s all week. Weird July.

My favorite daily brew that is "cost effective" in Japan is Aooni, from Yona Yona brewery. You can get it on Amazon.jp. Its a really taste India Pale Ale. Incidentally, I actually studied brewing long before I liked beer and experimented with craft brewing in my parents kitchen to make my dad beer. Made a pretty good chocolate stout when I was 18. I hope the Japan craft beer movement takes off a bit more so that there is more variety and it becomes cheaper. You can usually find me in Beer Ma in Kita-senju off the Arakawa trail, at least once every two weeks on a Saturday or Sunday before/after I have done the grocery shopping. Some good cyclists come there.

My camera went dead.
Sorry TCC members, you would have seen some hot chicks at the beach waving at me. Oh, well, next time.

No I haven't, probably wouldn't (don't have the room and space and its already difficult to find the right food ingredients here, much less the hops, malt, etc.)

Its also illegal: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2...craft-beers-creative-foundation/#.XSgZyS2B1QI, so until both of those things change, I'm out.

I'd always heard that it was illegal to do your own home brewing as well, but there are ways to do it. I have a Canadian friend here in Aomori who crafts his own beer. He does an excellent job with it, too!

My wife used to ride like the common mortals, 10km would be a long ride. She would be adamant that she wanted the saddle on her city minivelo much lower than a proper fit would beckon.
Then I got us a Nazca Quetzal recumbent touring tandem. We quickly ramped up to 60km rides and she's generally happy with up to 110km with decent breaks.
We get lots of smiles and "sugoi!" from onlookers and fellow cyclists so it helps to cheer us on. A very different experience from my usual road riding. A N+1 bike she definitely approves of ;)

My wife used to ride like the common mortals, 10km would be a long ride. She would be adamant that she wanted the saddle on her city minivelo much lower than a proper fit would beckon.
Then I got us a Nazca Quetzal recumbent touring tandem. We quickly ramped up to 60km rides and she's generally happy with up to 110km with decent breaks.
We get lots of smiles and "sugoi!" from onlookers and fellow cyclists so it helps to cheer us on. A very different experience from my usual road riding. A N+1 bike she definitely approves of ;)

I envy you. I want to sell up everything we've got and do something like this as we travel around the world until the missus and I drop off our perches. Her plan is to try to have me drop of my perch before implementing any stage of that dream....

@RabidChi when you have time please start a thread dedicated to your recumbent . I have a few questions. Mrs Tanki has been threatening to buy an electric bike so we can do some touring together.

Back
Top Bottom