What's new

Is anybody renting out or selling a tall bike?

tomhaegler

Cruising
Jul 19, 2015
I'm 198cm/6'5" and looking for a bike in Tokyo - I only need it for two weeks in September and I'm not planning any big trips - just for riding around in the city.

Thanks!
Tom

Large frame then? Have you checked spinlister? Some occasionally pop up on there. I just picked up another 60cm frame that I'd rent out to you, but I don't live in Tokyo...

yes large frame. Checked spinlister...but the cheapest bikes are around 25$/day, so 350$ for my stay. For this price it would be cheaper to bring my road bike on the plane (costs about 120$ one way)...

Hey there
I doubt you'll find anything cheaper than $25 a day. I don't think I would like to rent bikes out in Tokyo for that price and I doubt you'd find anyone willing to rent you their bike for three weeks especially for less than $350. I know I wouldn't. The chances of it getting stolen would far outweigh the slight remuneration. If I were you, I would bring my own bike with me, especially considering your height.

The chances of it getting stolen would far outweigh the slight remuneration.

I know that in Kona (big isle) you rent the bike, but you're liable for it while you have it. If it's stolen on your watch, you pay an established replacement value. (There's probably a hold on your card before you leave the shop.)

I'd assume that that's the way a rental would work anywhere.

I know that in Kona (big isle) you rent the bike, but you're liable for it while you have it. If it's stolen on your watch, you pay an established replacement value. (There's probably a hold on your card before you leave the shop.)

I'd assume that that's the way a rental would work anywhere.
I'm talking about someone on here renting him their bike, not a rental company. Also, it seems like splinster offer protection but it's extra money and they don't cover certain scenarios like the bike being outside after 6pm.

Back
Top Bottom