What's new

Ironsword gets a dagger in the heart!

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Or at least a kidney punch:confused: Deej, Serguei and I headed to Wada Toge today to test our fitness and I'm proud to report your record has finally been crushed. I was over first with Serguei close behind. My new PB is:

15:49

We then headed to Kazahari but you'll be happy to know we were both so tired when we hit it we decided not to go all out. I was right on 100km at the start and after racing last weekend and a big week of training pretty much had nothing left in the tank. That being said even though we tempo'd and were forced to stop twice due to tree felling we still did it in 37 minutes....which is surely news that will make you tremble in fear as you wonder how fast we actually could go if in good condition;)

As promised once all my racing is over this year I plan to hit as many TCC hall of fame climbs and destroy all your records once and for all. Ironsword heed this, your reign here is coming to an end:cool:

And finally a message for Clay, God of Cycling, your records are obviously untouchable by mere mortals and I wish you well my friend:D

p.s. thanks for a great ride Serguei! 200km by the time I got home....what a fabulous day out and I loved how we took turns all day as if it was a race.

17 seconds off the time that I did it on MOBs Sayonara ride..... Right... will be heading out in the off season to reclaim that one then!

Well done on your new record Mike.

37 minutes up Kazahari is extremely impressive. How was the top section? Were they still felling trees up there?

Well done on your new record Mike.

37 minutes up Kazahari is extremely impressive. How was the top section? Were they still felling trees up there?

James I think you mean 17 seconds faster than your time, no?

Lee, yeah they are still felling trees but seemed fine for us to walk past them. Logs were all over the road making it impossible to pass. One of them even asked if I wanted a lift on the ropeway they had built. Have you seen that thing? It must me 3 km down!!! I politely refused that one:confused:

I mean you knocked 17 seconds off my time..... sorry British thing. :D

Mike, thanks for a great ride and a good company - enjoyed it a lot! I did wada in 16:something and I think it's not too far from my current best (16:49), maybe couple of seconds faster.

Kazahari was a cramping hell for me - very surprised by 37 mins.

Gotta get out for a spin now - my legs are still dead :warau:

Mike, thanks for a great ride and a good company - enjoyed it a lot! I did wada in 16:something and I think it's not too far from my current best (16:49), maybe couple of seconds faster.

Kazahari was a cramping hell for me - very surprised by 37 mins.

Gotta get out for a spin now - my legs are still dead :warau:

Nice easy spin today to refresh the legs. Did you get out Serguei? Still no word from the man who rides Black Thunder:p

A Few Questions

Sorry to hi-jack the post for personal reasons, but I have a few questions about Wada Toge. I'd be grateful for answers.

1) Is the road you take the 521 that winds up to the summit of Jinba-kogen?

My wife & I took our 2 year old up to see the white horse on the summit, and we drove up the winding road from Jinba-kogen-shita. We drove up around 8:45-9:00 AM, and saw many road cyclists. Perhaps some were those in this post?

2) You mention a record time. From where to where is this measured?

3) I noticed on the map that if you continue down from Jinba-kogen's summit, you can loop down and catch Route 20 back. Is this a viable route?

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry to hi-jack the thread!

I'd be grateful for answers.
Andrew, there are only questions about Wada-toge. No answers.:p

However the TCC Hall of Fame contains the astonishing truth about how depressingly quickly some folks ride uphill. And it includes maps of the courses. (I mention this for everyone's edification: I'm sure you know about it having posted in the thread about it already.)

Yes you can ride up and down it from both sides. The west side climb is tougher than the east.

For a fun day out I'll occasionally ride from home up the rivers to Takao, over Otarumi-toge, on to Fujino and Wada-toge, then back along the rivers. When I say 'fun' I mean, of course, painful.

--HF Mike--

Thanks for answering his questions Mike;) I was just about to reply but you save me the trouble. I've just realised that my time is wrong after looking at my Polar stats.....it was actually faster. I read it wrong as it was

15:43:9

Ouch Deej, that's gotta hurt even more and James....that now makes it 23 seconds faster than you:p

Sorry about the confusion...Thomas does this make my time 15:43 or 15:44??? Either way would you mind doing the honours? Cheers mate:D

Its beatable. :D

Mate unfortunately as I do not work as one of Santa's little helpers I have to work most of the year ;).

Touche!

But that was work. Hard work.:mad:

Ah, got your domestiques trolling the posts for you too now James:p Yes Yair I agree, however it sure looked like fun work:D

Still no sign of Ironsword??

Of course Mike thats what Domestiques are for.... I recommend ones with Mossad training!

Thanks...

... sorry, posted on wrong thread...

Still no word from the man who rides Black Thunder:p

Sorry Mike, I've been on a holiday from my beloved TCC!

Well done, man! As much as it stings due to my over-inflated ego, it's always nice to see my friends riding well. With all the training you've been doing, it was inevitable that you were going to crack my time. Bravo.

With my new daughter, coupled with my two soccer-playing boys, it is so hard to find time to ride these days. I squeezed in a Chichibu ride in on Monday with Jules in what was my second trip to the hills in about six months. It looks like I'll have to largely write this year off in terms of active riding. But I'll be back, and, of course, faster than you!

Just curious -- when I did the Jimba climb, I started the clock at this point:
3515064900_afff1a12a9.jpg

Where did you start the clock?

Deej

Back
Top Bottom