What's new

Interesting article

The author is a luddite. Poorly conceptualized and delivered article, without a hint of irony in the fact that the "article partner" (whatever that is?) is stages power meters! Ha ha ha

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have to call BS on both of the first two comments here. He's not a luddite (unless by that you are misusing the word to mean someone that thinks differently about technology than you do), he's just expressing one perspective on how technology is affecting cycling.

And is this what you call a criticism of professional cycling for using analytical data?

Of course, I don't deny the importance of data and physiological testing; it is a great aid. Besides, resistance is futile: being all King Canute about this would mean ending up with wet ankles. In the future, we will only know more about the inner workings of a cycling champion and how a winning ride is done. I welcome that, done carefully and moderately.​

Why is the interweb so full of places where people feel that in addition to disagreeing with someone who thinks differently than they do (which is great), you have to somehow make them sound inferior to you because of it?
Aren't we all trying to enjoy the same sport here? And isn't this a forum for discussing different views on that sport?

I just got this from the cyclist dictionary...

Ludditary- The inability of a cyclist to embrace all manners of data collection.

And actually it wasn't I attempting to make him seem inferior. He did that all himself. I was merely commenting on the article.

"And certainly don't need anything to tell me the precise, pitiful number of miles per hour I'm registering when busting a gut in the saddle."

Why is the interweb so full of places where people feel that in addition to disagreeing with someone who thinks differently than they do (which is great), you have to somehow make them sound inferior to you because of it?

Now you are making me feel inferior, but that's ok we have a whole summer to sort out who's the best on Shiraishi. ha ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom