What's new

Insoles

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
This is probably for @andywood as I know he uses Superfeet cycling insoles.
Can they be trimmed down easily enough?
How thin are the carbon insoles they recommend for road cycling?

If anyone has any recommendations for thin cycling insoles please let me know. I don't typically wear socks, even in winter as I can't stand hot/ warm feet.
I put some Shimano carbon insoles in my Sidi road shoes this last weekend as the old ones that were in there were pretty manky but they are much too thick and they are back in the spare fat shoes where they belong.

cheers
KS

Can they be trimmed down easily enough?

Yes, the easiest way is to take the insoles that come with the shoes and trim the exact same shape.

How thin are the carbon insoles they recommend for road cycling?

They are not carbon but a plastic heel and soft insole.

The soft sole is 2.5mm but it is the plastic heel that makes the shape of the insole.

Difficult to know where you want to measure the thickness? As they are cupped.

Can try if you like. Check the photos.

My advice is to go to an authorized dealer as you'll get the fitting at no extra charge.

Good luck!

Andy
DSC_0721.JPGDSC_0717.JPGDSC_0719.JPGDSC_0718.JPG

Great thanks, I'm more concerned with the forefoot. They appear to be quite thin. I'll need to go and check them out. I passed by the shop this morning.

Bontragers work very nicely. Will take them on a longer ride tomorrow.

Bontragers work very nicely. Will take them on a longer ride tomorrow.
How did you find this insoles after using them for 1 year? I find that my left foot arch collapses on long rides and creates a very painful hotspot just behind ball of my foot.

I got some custom insoles made at a ski boot fitting shop. Seem to make an improvement. Costs three times as much as Superfeet, though.

No problems with the insoles. I have good high arches and walk and run in bare feet as much as possible to keep them. Custom do work but don't forget to exercise your metatarsal area.

Back
Top Bottom