Tech Infinity Seat

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
I'll bet the $111,000 they were funded that this has been built before. It's probably a good seat for some people. So, if you don't sit on the sit bones, which is what humans have been sitting on for quite some time, what do you sit on? That seat looks incredibly painful to me personally , as it suspends my sitbones between 2 rails. With a classic seat I can take the pressure OFF the soft tissues. Besides, no way I'm riding in the rain with that saddle!

Cactaur

Speeding Up
Feb 3, 2014
That center bit is just going to jam against the coccyx. And if it slips in a crash?

I think the cutout just moves the pinching problem further along the butt.

Aug 27, 2012
London, UK
www.macrophotofly.com
I had a look at this seat a few months back and thought it had some merit. But I do seem to have a very bony a***(I walk out of restaurants that have solid wooden seats with no cushioniong rather than sit there with the hard surface playing hell on my sit bones) - so I may be in a small group already.

What put me off was exactly this -
That center bit is just going to jam against the coccyx. And if it slips in a crash?

My current favourite seat (Prologo Sratch HWD) I've noticed already has small circular cut outs on the base under where the sit bones contact - thus creating a slight hammock affect in those two spots.
Hence, combining the hammock effect and the infinity seat might be a better idea,

.....and there's already one or two seats out there that do that already - notably,
  • fizik's Kurve Saddle (which I didn't buy because it was so d**n expensive - and as a side note I think its now being removed from their range so you can get it on heavy discount... ...even with that its still 18k on CR)
  • And a new seat from Brooks (no leather either!). Its called the Cambium and the C17 version was well reviewed. They have a C15 version now, which will suit me better (slimmer and lighter), although its still 400g which I think they could easily reduce if they changed the rear cast section (but then where would they put their badge!?!). Just noticed its on the pricey side too with a launch price of their limited edition of 165 Euros (190 including postage, buit still better than the Fizik which was over 300 at launch)