What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted inexpensive road or hybrid bike for 185cm-tall man, Tokyo or Izu Peninsula

el forestero

Cruising
Sep 16, 2016
Looking for an inexpensive used or new road or hybrid bike to buy online or in person no farther from Izu Peninsula than Tokyo. Not seeing anything on online shops that's appropriate to my height (185cm) and budget (prefer under $200, and definitely no more than $350). Currently keeping an eye on Craigslist Tokyo. If you have a suitable bike to sell or ideas of where I could find one, please let me know. Maybe you know of an online shop or a brick and mortar store that has bikes for tall people?

Your budget is pretty tight, so you'll definitely be looking at a used bike being sold privately unless you want something utterly awful made out of gas piping or something.

Your best bet is to try craigslist:
http://tokyo.craigslist.jp/search/bia

You might find something appropriate, but be careful about frame sizes. You'll need a 56 or 58, which is the absolute upper end of what is normally available in Japan. The vast VAAAAAAST majority of lower-end bikes are 50-54, so you'll need to be very watchful.

My friend is selling my old Cannondale CAAD8, Tiagra (58cm) with updated Fullcrumm alloy wheels. I am 187cm and my friend is 185cm and the frame size has served us well.

The bike has done maybe a total of 10,000 KM and is in overall good condition. I think he is now asking for 50,000JPY or so. If you are interested I can be the middle man or connect you two.

Edit: Area is Central Tokyo

Bawbag and Tuomas, thanks for the info.

Tuomas, if he might be open to cutting a deal that could put the bike within my budget (35,000JPY), I'd be interested in checking into it.

Back
Top Bottom