What's new

Help Indoor training with Garmin 810 & Minoura 760

What weather report are you looking at that says rain next week?

Accuweather.

May not be particularly 'Accu' I appreciate but "cloudy with showers possible", "humid with periods of rain", etc dominate

Cheers for your help all.

By the way, while I only plan to use it for a break from training every once and a while, any Zwift users give me a shout as I plan to sign up.

OCD man strikes again... Actually I like the trainer for doing that with my pedaling technique. In fact, I have been dialing it in to the point that I am ready to start running pedaling workshops, I might chuck in free bike handling tips (Only for use on the trainer, of course) when I run this workslop.

One good thing about sitting on a turbo is you can get your bike totally dialled; get the handle bars perfectly in line with front wheel, tweak the seat height etc, get your cleats perfectly inline, and really have a very close listen to the gears to get them perfectly tuned. Can't do that when you are on the road as well.

Reactions: TCC
Many problems throw themselves at you once you've made your purchase and hopped on your rig ready to sweat all over your floor
So B****y true. This morning an Air update spooked my mac and delayed the training by 15mins. Easily sorted but effing annoying when you are trying to get a full hour in....

I tried to switch everything over to another computer as the one I've been using is showing signs of age. NET framework 3.5 was needed to run Zwift, that took longer than expected. TR needed Adobe Air but that was easy enough. The USB ANT+ Dongs took their sweet time to be recognized and drivers to be installed. @xDOMx you'll be using a Mac exclusively?

I tried to switch everything over to another computer as the one I've been using is showing signs of age. NET framework 3.5 was needed to run Zwift, that took longer than expected. TR needed Adobe Air but that was easy enough. The USB ANT+ Dongs took their sweet time to be recognized and drivers to be installed. @xDOMx you'll be using a Mac exclusively?

Yes mate.

Newest model MacBook Pro 13" to be specific.

OCD man strikes again... Actually I like the trainer for doing that with my pedaling technique. In fact, I have been dialing it in to the point that I am ready to start running pedaling workshops, I might chuck in free bike handling tips (Only for use on the trainer, of course) when I run this workslop.

You will obviously need to be a certified* coach* to do this.

I can Photoshop you up a certificate if you want. Seems to be the usual way these qualifications are gained.

Not necessary and it's actually a very inappropriate thing to suggest.

I have however decided to take the correct route to my certification and applied to the Zimbabwean Cycling association to receive my Cat 1 Cycling trainer license (With Honors). It cost a little extra as I was overseas but, they were very impressed with my knowledge and were happy to award me the certification.

So there it is boys I'm now an official Category 1 Cycling coach.

More info about my first training courses coming soon.

Feel free to PM me if you need advice on anything. My browser is always open.

You will obviously need to be a certified* coach* to do this.

I can Photoshop you up a certificate if you want. Seems to be the usual way these qualifications are gained.

Progress report.

Turbo arrived from the guys at Neil Pryde and somehow, in transit in guessing, the cable from the dial to adjust resistance had become dislodged and so resistance was 100% on all the time.

A troubleshooting (and coffee) session with @Deej helped to remedy the problem.

30 minute session on Zwift as a tester session today was successful so, all is well.

I've also procured a large number of SufferFest videos so, let the pain begin.

I think you've got the same trainer as me so next week some time I'll check out the virtual power numbers along side my power meter and let you know how reliable they are. I had a little go the other day but only because my PM wasn't working properly.

I don't think you've mentioned you have a PM, do you?

That Richmond course is quite long and mostly flat I think I prefer the other one.

I think you've got the same trainer as me so next week some time I'll check out the virtual power numbers along side my power meter and let you know how reliable they are. I had a little go the other day but only because my PM wasn't working properly.

I don't think you've mentioned you have a PM, do you?

That Richmond course is quite long and mostly flat I think I prefer the other one.

No PM for me as of yet.

Next bike perhaps.

That'll be interesting for sure as to accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom