What's new

Indoor T rainer

I'm not sure on the difference - you'd need to look at the comparison charts. I know there is zero difference between the Ant and Wireless and you can convert the wireless to Ant by switching out the head unit but no idea about the wired version.

Wow... that looks amazing - next time I will go for that (didn't know about it when I got my super magneto pro)

Isn't it just! I just received the Milano-Sanremo DVD's as well as Vassiviere part I & 2(part of the Tour De France that takes you around a lake)

What's also great is the just released MyRealVideo software that allows you using an iOS or Android based phone to record a ride and its data, already there are riders putting together stages of the TdF, Giro, Vuelta and other famous races.

But these systems come at a premium - 1,600 GBP and over just for the hardware!

Isn't it just! I just received the Milano-Sanremo DVD's as well as Vassiviere part I & 2(part of the Tour De France that takes you around a lake)

What's also great is the just released MyRealVideo software that allows you using an iOS or Android based phone to record a ride and its data, already there are riders putting together stages of the TdF, Giro, Vuelta and other famous races.

But these systems come at a premium - 1,600 GBP and over just for the hardware!
Yeah I read about that mobile software, and it's hot!

All good things right

Just waiting for Elite to get their sh&%$ together so they can be legally sold in Japan. Only the wired units are allowed right now. So, oh, yeah, if you buy these grey market or mail order and they somehow get inspected, they will be confiscated. Most personal imports bypass inspection , especially if they are under 100,000 yen. Over that , and or sent by DHL / UPS and they will almost always be inspected. If it's electronics and doesn't carry the Japanese VCCI certification, it will get nabbed by the ah-thor-i-tees

Just waiting for Elite to get their sh&%$ together so they can be legally sold in Japan. Only the wired units are allowed right now. So, oh, yeah, if you buy these grey market or mail order and they somehow get inspected, they will be confiscated. Most personal imports bypass inspection , especially if they are under 100,000 yen. Over that , and or sent by DHL / UPS and they will almost always be inspected. If it's electronics and doesn't carry the Japanese VCCI certification, it will get nabbed by the ah-thor-i-tees

No they won't be confiscated.... mine was inspected and it went through. They are legal for personal use, retailers or importers however need to get them cleared. It's the same with import foods, personal use ok, no certification needed, but for resale you need it.

Well my local (As much as I hate to recomend them, whatever drawbacks they may have they are one of the cheapest places I have seen to buy any gear) are selling the Minoru 760 for 25,000Y and it's on the shelf.

http://www.kanekoings.jp

Well my local (As much as I hate to recomend them, whatever drawbacks they may have they are one of the cheapest places I have seen to buy any gear) are selling the Minoru 760 for 25,000Y and it's on the shelf.

http://www.kanekoings.jp
Ah! So you don't like them either. Thought it was just me. They are the least helpful bike shop I've ever been to. But you are right, they are damn cheap. It really pains me to buy things from them (I usually only do it if I don't have time to go down to Tokyo).

Yeah you have to beg to buy something from them, but cheaper than wiggle for the most part and way cheaper than any other LBS around. Their business is selling bikes. If you buy a bike from them i think they would probably be pretty decent to you. I have bought a stack of stuff there, they still try and ignore me everytime I am in there.

Still I got my trainer there much cheaper than wiggle and any other place I have seen.

Nope, we bought a bike from them and they were still as rude as ever. Admittedly it wasnt a super expensive one (just a giant city bike for my girlfriend).

I'm considering getting a Minoura LR340, their lowest end model compatible with LiveRide. It's also confirmed to support TrainerRoad's VirtualPower profiles. I asked them about the LR760 and LR960, but they didn't say those were compatible. Does anyone have any experience with them and TrainerRoad? They seem to be a good overall setup for casual training with a low budget trainer and no power meter. Any other recommendations in the 15,000 - 40,000 Yen range?

Roy

Needs must.

When I have time and energy in the evening or the weather turns to crap, I feel a need to get a work out and have nothing to funnel that into. Recently I've been trying but so many things get in the way of me achieving what I want outside in glorious daylight.

You already have the strength and power of a mythical untamed beast but these puny guns of mine need constant encouragement and seem to have a thirst of their own that possibly a means to whirl my wheels indoors could quench. It hardly means I'll never venture out again, nor will it be a gateway to running or swimming....brrrrr

Actually, the LR760 and LR960 are both compatible with VirtualPower and they're at the upper end of the Minoura line. The VirtualPower model to choose is MagteqsTwin.

Robert - thank you for this information! Let me know how it goes when you get a chance to try it out.

Had my first decent run on the trainer. I set it up in the bathroom and that seemed to make everyone happy in terms of noise control. It was hard work, much harder to maintain the power I roll with all the time in the real world. Sweated like a pig despite the fan being on full and the windows open.... Anyway a good workout and because it is a totally static environment it will be a good gauge for power improvement or not.

The LR760 is very smooth and quiet. My wife was watching TV next to me and she did not even have to raise the volume.

I cannot imagine ever being able to put my trainer in the living room (or wherever the wife is watching TV) no matter how quiet it is!! Still, impressive....

Back
Top Bottom