What's new

"Inbox" dropdown menu

Sibreen

Maximum Pace
Jul 23, 2010
To the right of the permanent menu bar, there is an "Inbox" dropdown menu.
If I click on the title of the conversation, it takes the user (well, me on my mac, at least) to the first page of the conversation. Could this be changed so that it takes the user to the most recent message?

If there is a reason why it takes the user to the first page of the conversation, could the "Last message" part of the text in the dropdown menu be made to link to the most recent message?

Thanks!

Confirmed on my iDevices, and yes, it doesn't really make sense.

It probably requires some code modifications, I see if I find something on that. In conversations spanning over multiple pages you could alternatively click the last instance in the pagination just under the title, which - again - would take you to the first message of the last page.

Update;

-Clicking on the title of the conversation in the Inbox drop down menu will now take you to the most recent message, regardless of how many pages there are in the conversation.

-Conversations will now update live, as messages are received, with no need to refresh the page. You will receive the standard red notification of a message in the bottom left corner of the screen as usual, and shortly after (around 2-5 seconds), the conversation will automatically update with the new message.

If you notice any unusual behaviour with either of these updates, on MacOS, give feedback in this thread.

-Clicking on the title of the conversation in the Inbox drop down menu will now take you to the most recent message, regardless of how many pages there are in the conversation.
This works flawlessly, thank you.

-Conversations will now update live, as messages are received, with no need to refresh the page. You will receive the standard red notification of a message in the bottom left corner of the screen as usual, and shortly after (around 2-5 seconds), the conversation will automatically update with the new message.
There may be a bug here.
I was just replying to a message, and every time the conversation auto-updated (when those bars flash at the top right of the screen) every one of my co-correspondent's replies was duplicated.
This was a six message conversation alternating between user A and user B in the following manner:
A: 1 (hello)
B: 2 (hi)
A: 3 (how are you?)
B: 4 (i'm ok. you?)
A: 5 (i'm good, too.)
B: 6 (nice)

With each auto-update, "B:2" "B:4" and "B:6" were appended to the conversation screen giving, after the first auto-update, the following pattern (and getting ever longer with each auto-update):
A: 1 (hello)
A: 3 (how are you?)
A: 5 (i'm good, too.)

It's rather difficult to describe in words, and for privacy's sake I'd rather not take a screen shot of the messages. However, if you would like a screenshot of what's happening, we could create our own conversation and I can upload an image of that.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on a Mac running OSX 10.6.8.

Edit:
This problem doesn't seem to occur on Safari.

When you say the problem does not exist on Safari, do you mean;

A. The problem doesn't occur at all, even when looking at previous conversations that have displayed this problem in Chrome?

B. The problem doesn't occur in real time in Safari, but the old conversations you made in Chrome which had the problem still display the duplicate messages?

Weird things are happening in conversations. It's not just Mac OS X.

I'm looking at an old conversation, the thing Sibreen described happened where party B's messages were repeated ad nauseam down the page. This happens on Safari in Mac OS X and in Explorer 9 on Windows 7.

I'll PM a link to a movie

Live conversation updates disabled until bug fixed.

When you say the problem does not exist on Safari, do you mean;

A. The problem doesn't occur at all, even when looking at previous conversations that have displayed this problem in Chrome?

B. The problem doesn't occur in real time in Safari, but the old conversations you made in Chrome which had the problem still display the duplicate messages?

Sorry, I should have been clearer.
The duplication is temporary, and only affects the conversation page while it is open. If the conversation page is closed and then subsequently reopened, then the prior duplication is gone. However, it starts again.

The Safari where I didn't have any issues is version 5.1.9 (It's an older version).

Back
Top Bottom