What's new

Image Training

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
A FaceBook fiend and former-life jiu-jitsu buddy sent me this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOur8qXvpnk

Synopsis for the hard-of-Tubing: an amateur cyclist thinks he is out for a quiet Sunday ride in the mountains. As he reaches the top, the bewildered rider is greeted by a mob of revellers who receive him as if he's just won a TDF mountain stage.

It's pretty funny. But also got me thinking about image training and motivation for getting up those darned hills. Although I enjoy high-tech gadgetry for route planning, navigating, and recording, I've not yet explored the psychological side of ride planning.

So, hill and/or speed demons (and anyone else), competitive or otherwise... what do you do? Visualize every turn in your mind? Or just saddle up and pedal for all you're worth?

--Mike--

The Pelton is eating away the gap I've created..... got to keep going, ignore the pain, its tempory, only glory is eternal!

If I get to point Y at X o'clock I will be in the peloton... if not... the time difference is how far behind or how far out in front from the peloton I am. Usually this is a set point (Noda Bridge) on my way home from any ride. Always make it a challenge and it usually is a tight finish.

Back
Top Bottom