What's new

I'm Gabriel from Ro

Gabriel

Cruising
Aug 2, 2012
Hello there. I'm not a japanese and I don't live in Japan, I've just found you and I think it's a kind place. I'm Gabriel from Romania, eastern Europe.
I go riding for a couple of years and all my university period I had an old but very good german puch bike. Recently, I bought a second hand bike made by Cannondale, R900 Cad3. Some pictures from my trips in my country
I really enjoy one day trip, maybe two. I have never ride for a couple of days, but in the future, maybe next year I will go for one for sure

In 2014 I am planning to make a tour of Japan and this is the reason I am here. I need to know a lot of things. I think it will be an epic trip. SOrry for my english :)

I don't know how to resize from url code !!!

welcome! Sadly the pictures do not show up.

Welcome!

The pictures you posted were hosted on another forum, that allows them to display only when you're logged in to that forum - which we're not. You should upload them somewhere else, such as ImageShack or Picasa where you can share the URL from anywhere.

The best seasons for cycling in Japan are spring and autumn, as the summers tend to be extremely hot and humid (except in the north of Japan) and of course in the winter there are areas where you'd have to worry about snow.

Thanks for posting the album link. I guess that's somewhere in the Carpathian mountains? At what altitude? It seems to be above the tree line.

It can get windy during a taifun, but that season is just about to end. Mostly the problem is rain though. When it rains here it can really pour. June tends to be wet. The winter is the driest season. The rest of the year is somewhere in between.

How far in km or how many days or weeks do you want spend on the road? It may also depend on your budget and where you want to stay overnight.

Transfagarasan Road -2050 meters . Summer the temperature goes aprox to 4-5 celsius grades night.
TransAlpina Road, the highest road in Romania, ~2200meters.
Yes these roads are in the Carphatian mountains.

About my future journey, it's a dream, I hope to come in Japan for three - four weeks for ~2000km. I will sleep in camps with tent. 20 days of cycling and the others for recuperation, visiting.

I won't do the trip winter because are very annoying for me low tempteratures.

For me, as a young man, I will be very hard to raise money for this, but I am trying to do my best. :) In the near future, I'll read a lot about your country, come here with map versions to help me to do the best choice.

Owen, I've only been to the northernmost part of the Carpathian mountain crescent, in Slovakia, where the original "Nosferatu" castle (Orava castle) is located. I visited it with a tour guide in a group of only 6 people. It was something else!

And I happen to have an uncle who lives in Transylvania ;)

That is amazing.

I have always loved everything about this. Definitely going to go there one day soon.

Welcome, Sir!

When it rains here it can really pour. June tends to be wet. The winter is the driest season.

All true. But actually there's more rain in September than in June. While there can be heavy rain in June, light rain and drizzle are commoner. In September, it rains for less of the time, but heavy rains are common. During the day, a tree might give you some shelter; but you might have to wait under the tree for two hours. And a heavy rainfall at night would soak everything.

March, April, May, October, November, perhaps.

Thanks for posting the album link, Gabriel. Welcome to TCC!

Tx bloaker for sharing, I'm reading now :)
James and TTravel, thanks.

Here it's another album with climbing to 2507meters altitude with my road bike. 50% of trip was on bike, 50% was push bike sesion.
https://picasaweb.google.com/118092787864330995383/OmuPeak2507MetersRomanianMountains
I have also 3 files recorded, but I didn't upload anywhere. Maybe next days.

One guy was down and he was injured in fall on road. Why ? A: speed .

さよなら

I did some numerical calculations and for a realistic journey I decided to riding one half of Japan in circle because it's very expensive for me to come in Japan with airplane lets say in Aomori and then to leave from Fukuoka.

Here is the simplified map, without any details about what to visit, specified roads to track, etc.
http://goo.gl/maps/Hy1aN
As I said, I will camp with my tent and my trip will be in september 2014 (if I don't die, indeed :)). The journey will start in Narita, Chiba prefecture.

Questions :
1. I have read somewhere about a low budget to live in Japan- 5-6000yen/day it's enough? Would be great for me this budget.
2. I really would appreciate it if you help me to name a few attractions and places to visit along my trip. It's not necessary to be on exactly posted track before.

I practice every day for 30 mins with japanese characters (I have created a flash applications for Hiragana and Katakana few weeks ago) and listen dialogues from Pimsleur. I also want to improve my english skills, because I'm definitely to the ground.

Arigatou! (it's a specific kanji for thanks?)
ありがとう!

cool video, that looks like an amazing place to ride, I'm jealous!

You can definitely budget 5-6000en per day if you find cheap hostels in advance. Eating in restaurants here can be very cheap. That said by 2014 things may be more expensive!

Back
Top Bottom