What's new

If TCC had an N+1 policy

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
So let's just imagine that by becoming a member of TCC you were given a frame of your choice for free to add to your collection. You can't sell it, only use it freely as you wish. What frame would you go for?

I was in Ys road pro shop at lunch having a look at some of their frames, just because... They of course have some very nice frames on display... They had a nice retro looking Colnago, and the De rosa frames I have always liked... This might be tough...

How about you guys? And @thomas please let us know when this policy might be starting up?

Is it to be your 'dream bike' or the one you would use most or...

How about you guys? And @thomas please let us know when this policy might be starting up?

I think you got that wrong. Weren't we discussing a "free frame for admins & founders" policy?

Talking about retro steel bling bling: if I could join again it would either be a De Rosa Corum or a Pegoretti.

I have thought about this since I read this post...

While I love the Cielo Sportif, I am also a fan of Independent Fabrications Crown Jewel.
If I didn't have to pay for it, the IF wins.

I too have been thinking about this question all afternoon. There are two bikes I keep coming back too, either a Speedvagen or a custom Cherubim. Difficult choice but I'd probably go with the Cherubim.

Excellent! A few names I've never heard of, should give me something to drool over in the coming days...

So I have always wanted a Cinelli Laser or, more realistically, a 1992/3 Cannondale track.

However, I'm lucky enough to be having my dream frame built for me as we speak from Sheffield's (UK) own Field Cycles.

This is a full custom (ISP etc), predominantly stainless steel frame and, following geometry, tube choices, etc, the tubes will start to be cut soon.

I expect delivery around the end of the year.

They did a custom for Enve recently (they work together a lot), which can be seen on The Radavist ( http://theradavist.com/2015/09/field-cycles-and-enve/ )

I'd love a stainless cherubim. It'd be something that would last a lifetime without fear of rust.

Further to my post above, I hadn't realised there were a few people with a clear passion for custom.

I had spoken to @leicaman about doing a thread documenting the build process etc but I didn't want to waste my time if no one was interested.

Perhaps I will do one...

Can we get some pics in here? Come on people!

Some inspiration for my build at least...

From top to bottom:
  • Talbot Frameworks (Crystal Palace, UK)
  • English Cycles (Oregon, USA)
  • Speedvagen (Oregon, USA)
  • Field Cycles (Sheffield, UK)(bottom 2 images)

• Talbot disc 3.jpg English Di2 disc 2.jpg rdl3.jpg Field simple.jpg ISP-like.jpg

Independent Fabrications - Crown Jewel

blog_JG001.jpg

blog_JG009.jpg

blog_JG006.jpg

blog_JG008.jpg

blog_JG004.jpg

blog_JG003.jpg

The cheaper alternative to both Indy Fab and Speedvagen in the U.S. is Stoemper who I know, first hand, make some stunning frames.

Their contact over here is Nocchi at Effect Cycle, Ohara and this is his Taylor disc machine.

923845_1017050608313622_85968402_n.jpg

I checked out the IF site. They do some nice work. Not a big fan of the one posted. But their titanium model is pretty nice.

I think my next bike is going to be titanium. Thanks @thomas, I'll PM you the details when I find it!

Back
Top Bottom