If TCC had an N+1 policy

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
So let's just imagine that by becoming a member of TCC you were given a frame of your choice for free to add to your collection. You can't sell it, only use it freely as you wish. What frame would you go for?

I was in Ys road pro shop at lunch having a look at some of their frames, just because... They of course have some very nice frames on display... They had a nice retro looking Colnago, and the De rosa frames I have always liked... This might be tough...

How about you guys? And @thomas please let us know when this policy might be starting up?

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
How about you guys? And @thomas please let us know when this policy might be starting up?
I think you got that wrong. Weren't we discussing a "free frame for admins & founders" policy?

Talking about retro steel bling bling: if I could join again it would either be a De Rosa Corum or a Pegoretti.

bloaker

Maximum Pace
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
I have thought about this since I read this post...

While I love the Cielo Sportif, I am also a fan of Independent Fabrications Crown Jewel.
If I didn't have to pay for it, the IF wins.

xDOMx

Maximum Pace
Nov 21, 2014
Japan
So I have always wanted a Cinelli Laser or, more realistically, a 1992/3 Cannondale track.

However, I'm lucky enough to be having my dream frame built for me as we speak from Sheffield's (UK) own Field Cycles.

This is a full custom (ISP etc), predominantly stainless steel frame and, following geometry, tube choices, etc, the tubes will start to be cut soon.

I expect delivery around the end of the year.

They did a custom for Enve recently (they work together a lot), which can be seen on The Radavist ( http://theradavist.com/2015/09/field-cycles-and-enve/ )

xDOMx

Maximum Pace
Nov 21, 2014
Japan
Further to my post above, I hadn't realised there were a few people with a clear passion for custom.

I had spoken to @leicaman about doing a thread documenting the build process etc but I didn't want to waste my time if no one was interested.

Perhaps I will do one...

xDOMx

Maximum Pace
Nov 21, 2014
Japan
Some inspiration for my build at least...

From top to bottom:
  • Talbot Frameworks (Crystal Palace, UK)
  • English Cycles (Oregon, USA)
  • Speedvagen (Oregon, USA)
  • Field Cycles (Sheffield, UK)(bottom 2 images)

xDOMx

Maximum Pace
Nov 21, 2014
Japan
The cheaper alternative to both Indy Fab and Speedvagen in the U.S. is Stoemper who I know, first hand, make some stunning frames.

Their contact over here is Nocchi at Effect Cycle, Ohara and this is his Taylor disc machine.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
I checked out the IF site. They do some nice work. Not a big fan of the one posted. But their titanium model is pretty nice.

I think my next bike is going to be titanium. Thanks @thomas, I'll PM you the details when I find it!