What's new

I have arrived!

jakeamin

Cruising
May 16, 2007
So I'm finally here in Tokyo. I was in Kamogawa for the past week cycling up and down those beautiful mountains by the ocean. Now I'm here in Shinjuku near Waseda University.

I can't wait to get back out on my bike after a couple days off, but I am not afraid to admit my apprehensions about Tokyo cycling. For one, I don't know where to go or how to ride safely in such a big city with such narrow roads and heavy traffic.

At any rate, if any of you guys wanted to meet up on Sunday I would greatly appreciate it. I'd love the opportunity to meet some other cyclists here in Japan.

In the mean time I'm thinking I'll try to find a nearby bike shop and ask them where I can go. The tough part will be figuring out how to read google maps in Japanese.

Thanks and hopefully see some of you over the next few weeks.

- Jeiku

Welcome Jeiku,

unfortunately I cannot meet you on Sunday, but I do hope you enjoy your stay in Tokyo.

:welcome:

well, I'm here for a month. I'll be riding as much as possible, so maybe I'll see you guys on the road.

but if anyone wants a riding buddy any time over the next month, I'll jump at the opportunity. I am still trying to figure out where it's good to go via bike around here.

any suggestions appreciated.

thanks,

Jake

Back
Top Bottom