I finally got around to joining the forum.

Apr 15, 2014
Hi all,

I'm not a dead serious rider, don't wear much lycra but I absolutely love cycling in and around Tokyo. Have live here (this time) for 6 years and have always made many shorter trips on the bike, but after the March 11th earthquake I started commuting by bike regularly 20km each way.

Bike is a 22inch Trek FX bought in March 2011 and I did about 4000km in 2011 but have not been as active over the last year. Other rides are often with another Aussie mate between 20-70km across town, up or down Arakawa or Sumida rivers.

Planning to get a bike bag this year ad hopefully lots of inspiration from the forums for some great routes and looking forward to sharing anything I can for other people here.

Yoroshiku!

aussieinjapan

Fairdale Weekender Drop
Hi all,

I'm not a dead serious rider, don't wear much lycra but I absolutely love cycling in and around Tokyo. Have live here (this time) for 6 years and have always made many shorter trips on the bike, but after the March 11th earthquake I started commuting by bike regularly 20km each way.

Bike is a 22inch Trek FX bought in March 2011 and I did about 4000km in 2011 but have not been as active over the last year. Other rides are often with another Aussie mate between 20-70km across town, up or down Arakawa or Sumida rivers.

Planning to get a bike bag this year ad hopefully lots of inspiration from the forums for some great routes and looking forward to sharing anything I can for other people here.

Yoroshiku!

Hi all! It looks like I actually had an account that I made several years ago & forgot about until a search turned up original forum email. Would explain why the username was taken!!