What's new

Huge sale this weekend

Ben Distel

Warming-Up
Oct 19, 2008
Hi all, i am plugging a business, not my own though ;)

I used to do business with Planet X in the past so last week i looked up their site to see if there was anything useful for a customer of mine.

They now sell groupsets at deep deep discounts, you'll get additional discount with volume AND do not pay 17.5% VAT. For example, a full Dura Ace 7900 groupset sells for 750 British Pounds + Shipping. That is more than 50% off the normal retail price.

Here is a link to the site

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/

Sale end this monday evening so hurry.

And yes, the business is fully ligitimate.

Ben Distel
T1bicycles
www.t1bicycles.com

Thanks for the heads but unfortunately did a comparison and the prices aren't very competitive to LBS prices.

My LBS has the 7900 shifters at 43,000 JPY Planet - X is listed at 68,000 JPY with all the discounts it comes to 47,000 JPY .... you'll then need to add shipping and then potentially import taxes.

It's always gutting when this happens :eek:uch:

Jec, your link wants a password?

Just repeating what most folk here know already, but Shimano parts in general and individual components in particular are very competitively priced here in Japan. It's hard for the overseas shops to beat local prices after you factor in exchange rates, shipping etc. One of my LBSs also routinely offers 10-15% discounts on Shimano stuff...

Phil - sorry about that. I forgot to mention that you need to register to access the link. Once registered, you can access the store and browse on their items. Most of the items are cheaper than most local bike shops.

I have purchased a couple of items from them and the service is actually very good.

Nope would even go as far to say that anything below the DuraAce range is also very very cheap. I got a pair of the Ultegra 6800 wheels for a steal!

I bought most of my parts in wiggle or chainreactioncycle. They're the cheapest online store if you purchase by YEN and the shipping cost will be almost free.(Not free but if you pay more than 8,000YEN, it'll be free in Wiggle.) In my case, I waited 7days and I got my parts with reasonable price. Thanks to British guys:) BTW, 10/20£ sale campaign is until next morning.

Back
Top Bottom