What's new

Ht4

Travis

Nice idea. Yes I will join.

Rode from home yesterday to Kazuragi Toge and then back down Kazuragi Rindo to complete the loop. All up it was 158kms and a good ride in possibly the best ever conditions I have experienced. Getting back to some sort of condition now, managing to get up Kazaragi with only a single stop at the toll booth, which I was quite pleased with:):)

I recommend riding down KR - the views were absolutely spectacular and it is frighteningly steep. Looks impossible that anyone could actually ride up it ! Spectacular day out....with wonderful Tamagawa sunset to finish with.

chazzer

Nice idea. Yes I will join.

Rode from home yesterday to Kazuragi Toge and then back down Kazuragi Rindo

chazzer

Do you mean Kazahari (風張 -Tomin no Mori)? Or is this some new toge I have never heard of? If so, tell me all about it!

Aaron

Brain fade !

Age and pinot noir are wonderful healers.....you are correct maestro !

I had to stop coming down KR to let my rims cool off. It was amazing !

Then I was overtaken by a lunatic on a mountain bike who must be practising for downhills or something. Behind me I heard this enourmous squeal of brakes and he shot by me with his arse hanging off the back of the saddle hanging on for dear life !

Absolute nutter !!

chazzer

Um. We are going to climb Kazahari rindo? What fun. See you there.

Thomas, just how steep is this monster compared to Mikuni, Agano, Fuji Azami line?

Steep ....

not really....piece of cake.

Coming down that is....

chazzer

I'd love to join this one, but I have to work in the evening, so I'll do an early morning ride, leaving at 5:30 a.m.

I'll probably do the ridiculously named (by me) Funride 100. That means I'll be hitting the rindo of doom before y'all. Maybe I'll chalk a message in the road.

Have fun!

Deej

Thomas, just how steep is this monster compared to Mikuni, Agano, Fuji Azami line?

There is one steep part, just before the village, that's really interesting, in a Karibazaka-esque way. Prepare for your front wheel to lift.

I'm thinking about joining you on this ride, but was wondering about that rindo you're going through. Is it really bad? I don't want to damage my new spanky wheels, but I don't want to ride without em anymore either...

no problem going up

I'm thinking about joining you on this ride, but was wondering about that rindo you're going through. Is it really bad? I don't want to damage my new spanky wheels, but I don't want to ride without em anymore either...

Hi Mike...beauties they are your HEDs...very glitzy! No...don't worry...Kazahari rindo is much nicer than that tyre-busting Tanzawa rindo especially when going up...most of us will move forward at walking speed so you can easily navigate those rocks. The descent towards Okutamako is completely devoid of rocks and other debris. Likewise Imagawa-toge is nothing to worry about in terms of wheel-busting potholes or other deathtraps :eek:....

Did you get the Dura-Ace version of the 12-27T?

Thanks for the info Tom. I wasn't sure if I'd like the 12-27t so I got the ultegra version first (good advice from Simon) just to be on the safe side. If it turns out to be just what I'm looking for it'll be a 12-27t Dura-Ace version on the new bike next year. See you tomorrow mate:)

Was hoping to make this but current work project is eating way too much time. Have a good and safe one all!

I'll be at Musashi-Itsukaichi station, ready to roll at 10. I will bail out somewhere and ride home though, rather than catching the train again (most likely where R206 hits R33). Really looking forward to this one. See you all there.

What a great ride

Thanks for a great ride today guys and well done to Travis on his victory up Kazahari-Rindo. That is one steep and long climb:mad:

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye today but Thomas and I stopped in Tomin no Mori for a quick shot of hot chocolate (unfortunately realised it was cold after pressing the button on the jidohanbaiki) and weren't sure if you had all wizzed by, so we rolled down to my turn off and parted ways.

Thanks again for organizing this Travis and expect to see me on one of the Okutama rides again. HT5 next week perhaps?

Oh and one other thing, I was very happy with my new wheels today. They are stiff and responsive to every acceleration and corner so well at speed I felt like a formula one driver coming down some of those climbs today. By the time I got home it was 7.30 and going through Miyagase was pretty dark. Man, they hardly have any street lights in that area. So it was just me, the crickets and the sweet sound of my Jet 50's. Does it get any better than that? :D

And a quick footnote for Deej. Going through Miyagase tonight I heard on more than one occasion the noise of animals hurriedly scampering off into the bushes as I cruised by. I presume they were large Bears frightened by the sound of my monster wheels. Yes, you should be worried :D

And a quick footnote for Deej. Going through Miyagase tonight I heard on more than one occasion the noise of animals hurriedly scampering off into the bushes as I cruised by. I presume they were large Bears frightened by the sound of my monster wheels. Yes, you should be worried :D

Are you sure it wasn't your Liquigas kit that frightened them? :p

Deej, Are you referring to my fluorescent green team kit:) Isn't she a beauty! Thought I'd give you a chance of seeing me next time I blast past you at light speed. Oh well, at least I can dream...

The Deejinator has special computer aided vision, he can see objects moving up to and including the speed of light, no matter how fluorescent the object.

Back
Top Bottom